Have you ever been out camping, hiking, or hunting and found yourself running out of clean drinking water? When this happens, you might be tempted to run to the nearest stream and take a big drink, but wait!
This can be a dangerous decision, especially if you’re in a place where the water quality isn’t that great.
When you find yourself stuck without a clean source of drinking water, you need a personal water filter to help you stay hydrated.
In this LifeStraw personal water filter review, you’ll learn all about this incredible product and just how helpful it can really be. You might not even realize how many situations can be improved when you have a portable water filter on hand!
Read on to learn more.
Table of Contents
Why Buy Personal Water Filters?
There are a lot of portable water filters on the market today, and you might be wondering just what makes these products so special. In this section, you’ll learn plenty of reasons why you need to buy a personal water filter. You might not have even thought of some of these!
- These filters are easy to transport. They’re made of sturdy plastic that won’t get crushed easily. They’re also small enough to store in a backpack or even in a deep pocket.
- An emergency water filter can get rid of sediment from water. When there’s dirt or debris floating in your water, all you have to do is run it through your filter to clean it up.
- These filters can also remove bacteria and parasites. Some filters are better at this than others, but they all remove these harmful contaminants.
- When you’re hiking or camping, it can be hard to find clean water. You might not want to pack a lot of heavy bottles of water with you, either. With a portable filter, you can use any natural body of water you find for a drinking source.
- Traveling to other countries may make it difficult to find clean water too. Some countries have very polluted water that can be unsafe to drink. Pack a portable filter so you never have to wonder where your next drink will come from.
- Keep one in your vehicle in case of any problems. You never know when you might be stranded and need to have some fresh water on hand.
- Keep a portable filter at home in case of a natural disaster that might make your water unsafe for a short time.
The LifeStraw Personal Water Filter Review
Photo Credit: Eartheasy.com
- If you want to buy products from environmentally-minded companies, LifeStraw is the way to go. This company is devoted to clean technology and sustainability as much as possible.
- You can trust LifeStraw since they’ve been around for a long time. These filters were originally designed to get rid of the Guinea worm parasite, but they were improved to filter out a lot of other contaminants too.
- Even though these filters are small, they can remove up to 99.9999% of bacteria and 99.9% of parasites from any given drinking water sample. You don’t even have to use chemicals to get the water clean!
- You can use this filter to fill up water bottles quickly since it only takes a few minutes to process water. Fill up a few bottles or just drink right out of the straw.
- The filter lasts for years even when you use it pretty frequently. It’s also durable enough to withstand a lot of rough use during hiking trips.
Of course, there are always some downsides to a product. Below are a few cons to be on the lookout for.
- Although it can filter out almost everything, it can’t remove chemical toxins from the water. If water is polluted with dangerous chemicals this product can’t improve the quality.
- The LifeStraw is designed to work perfectly on freshwater. It isn’t made for use with ocean water.
- Sometimes the filter can get clogged when it’s used incorrectly. Always be sure to read the directions!
Benefits and Specifications
Not all portable water filtration systems are the same, so it’s a good idea to familiarize yourself with the unique benefits and specifications of any you’re considering buying.
- The LifeStraw works without iodine or chemical tablets, which makes it the safest option for water filtration on the go. There are no potentially harmful substances in your water when you use this product.
- You can filter up to one thousand liters of water with a single LifeStraw. This can keep you going for months to years depending on how often you use it.
- The LifeStraw only weighs 0.2 ounces and is only nine inches long, so you won’t even feel it taking up room in your hiking gear.
- There’s no BPA in the plastic used in the LifeStraw. Everything used to make it meets FDA standards, and the water it filters meets EPA standards after it’s been processed, too.
- You don’t need any batteries, plugs, or any power to use the LifeStraw. All you have to do is apply some suction—usually by sucking on it like a real straw!
- You can even get rid of giardia, E. coli, Cryptosporidium, and other very harmful bacteria and parasites with this product.
Hopefully you’ve learned a lot from this LifeStraw personal water filter review. Now that you’re armed with all the information you need about the best portable water filter on the market, you should be ready to order one for yourself right away.
Don’t be afraid to stock up on a few so you always have one handy no matter what situation you might find yourself in. Each LifeStraw is individually packaged and sealed until you’re ready to use it, so it can be kept safely for a long time.
You’re sure to love this product from the moment you bring one home!