Woodsball is a popular version of paintball. Those who play woodsball paintball are used to participating in games or tournaments played in grassy fields, forest areas, snowy terrains, and even icy hills. Simply speaking, this is a more outdoorsy and rougher type of paintball. And because of unexpected and unforeseen conditions, players need to be methodical, tactical and really aware of their surroundings. And part of being prepared tactically is having the best of the best woodsball guns that you can use.
And because woodsball paintball recreates military or combative scenarios, paintball guns and gear look more realistic and are often camouflaged. Your weapons should also be more than just your gun; your gear should be complete with the proper scopes, butt stocks, accessories, scopes and additional power.
3 Best Woodsball Guns of 2017 – Comparison Chart
|Picture||Name||Our Rating||Price||Get Product|
|Tippmann Gryphon Paintball Marker Skull||4.8||$$|
|Tippmann Cronus Tactical Paintball||4.9||$$|
|Tippman TMC Magfed Paintball Marker||4.7||$$|
Table of Contents
- 1 3 Best Woodsball Guns of 2017 – Comparison Chart
- 2 Design and Materials
- 3 Fire Power and Accuracy
- 4 Modifications and Upgrades
- 5 Related Video: Choosing a woodsball paintball gun
- 6 Related Posts:
Are you ready to get you own woodsball paintball gun? If you are, then the best way to go is to consider the following qualities before spending your hard earned money:
- Design and Materials
- Fire Power and Accuracy
- Modifications and Upgrades
We were more than excited to get started on our research and to conduct tests on several woodsball paintball guns in the market. In the end, we have narrowed our list down to 3. These we consider should be part of list of the best woodsball guns out there.
Design and Materials
- Tippmann Gryphon Paintball Marker Skull – with skull prints or pattern on the body, this is a great paintball gun for both new and experienced players who are into cool designs and over-all looks. The Gryphon Paintball marker skull woodsball gun comes with new and improved body lines and a ribbed receiver for that slick and fine finish. It is lightweight and compact, which means that you can easily grab and shoot without straining your arms and back. When it comes to its structure, the marker skull from Tippmannn is made with the player’s convenience and security in mind. The structure is solid yet rigid and very ergonomic. Looking for a more silent type of paintball gun? This model’s ported barrel reduces the sound of each and every fire.
- Tippmann Cronus Tactical Paintball – when you see a Cronus Tactical Paintball or woodsball gun up close, you will think that you are using a military issued firearm. The colors (black and tan) give the gun a really slick yet intimidating look to it. The composite body, made of high-grade plastic, doesn’t just ensure a lighter feel to the gun, it also guarantees durability. You can count on the Cronus to be there for you even during the heaviest of battles. It sports a proven in-line bolt design and rubberized grips for easy and comfortable shooting. If you are looking for a larger type of gun, then this is the model for you.
- Tippmann Gryphon Paintball Marker – there are several very good features that we have noticed in the design of the Gryphon paintball marker: one of which is its solid carbon fiber make and design. It doesn’t attract attention and can easily be hidden especially when playing paintball in the middle of the night. The body lines are improved and the ribbed receiver allows excellent grip. This woodsball paintball gun is actually similar to the Gryphon Skull Marker so you can get the same benefits when you use either models. If you are new player, this would be a great starter gun for you.
Our 1st Pick for the Best Design and Materials: Tippmannn Gryphon Paintball Marker Skull
Our 2nd Pick for the Best Design and Materials: Tippmann Cronus Tactical Paintball
Fire Power and Accuracy
- Tippmann Gryphon Paintball Marker Skull – Fire power and accurate shots are two more guaranteed features of the Tippmann Gryphon paintball marker skull. It’s 10-inch barrel gives it just enough speed to hit your target with precision and power. New players would not have a hard time feeding the gun with paintballs since the mag, which is located in the center, is easy to attach and refill. The internal gas line doesn’t just give this gun a cleaner look, but also gives it a more direct source of power. The trigger is in its signature “blade trigger” to make it easier for you to pull the trigger.
- Tippmann Gryphon Paintball Marker – just like its well-decorated brother, the Gryphon paintball marker offers firepower that is great for any type of paintball game. Whether you are out in the open field or hidden in the forest, you can get clearer shots with its blade trigger. The barrel is long enough to increase the speed of the paintball when fired!
- Tippmann Cronus Tactical Paintball – the Cronus has front and rear sights that are fixed for accuracy. But the sights cannot be adjusted which means that you have to accessorize to add more sights to your gun. The ported barrel is great for quite yet very powerful shots. The internal gas line is also a great way to ensure power when the gun is fired.
Our 1st Pick for the Best Fire Power and Accuracy: Tippmannn Gryphon Paintball Marker Skull
Our 2nd Pick for the Best Fire Power and Accuracy: Tippmann Gryphon Paintball Marker
Modifications and Upgrades
- Tippmann Cronus Tactical Paintball – the Cronus has 4 picatinny rails, which is not there for a single purpose. You can use any one of these rails to add accessories or modify your gun for upgrades. For accessories, you can add a mock silencer which comes with a front sight to get better and accurate shots. Install a collapsible stock so you can get down on the ground and hit your targets easily. Modify the gun with a vertical grip and carry handle to help you hold on to your woodsball gun better.
- Tippmann Gryphon Paintball Marker – this durable woodsball gun is definitely similar to the marker skull version. You can easily accessorize and modify the gun to suit your needs and expectations. To increase your accuracy, attach a larger Co2 tank or even a longer barrel.
- Tippmann Gryphon Paintball Marker Skull – small and compact as it may be, the Gryphon Marker Skull can also be accessorized. The possibilities of mods and upgrades appear to be limitless in this gun, and you can use or add them to give you clearer and cleaner shots. Want to give this more fire power? Use a longer barrel such as the A5 threaded barrel and turn it into something that resembles and works just like an M16 rifle. Use a more powerful 200 round hopper, high-tech Co2 tanks and a better .68 caliber marker! To complete your look, you can add an intimidating pair of Raptor goggles with anti-fog lenses to your gear.
Our Pick for the Best in Modifications and Upgrades: Tippmann Gryphon Paintball Marker Skull
Runner Up: Tippmann Cronus Tactical Paintball
At the end of the day, it doesn’t really matter whether you are armed with a big or a compact woodsball paintball gun for you to win the game. What you need is a gun that has enough firepower and one that guarantees accuracy in order to defeat your opponents. And out of the 3 Tippmann models that we have reviewed, the Tippmann Gryphon Paintball Marker Skull is the clear winner, across the board. Its compact and lightweight features, paired with a multitude of possible upgrades and modifications made it stand out as the best of the best woodsball guns in the market today. A close runner up is the Tippmann Cronus Tactical Paintball which offers fire power in a larger body. This is perfect for those who are looking for bigger guns with enough strength for tactical paintball games.