Choosing the best turret press is like looking for the right laptop. After several hours or days of thinking and pondering, you can be certain that you’ll be able to come up with an educated decision. Turret presses range from simple to complex and there are quite a few important things that you need to consider first before taking the time to buy one. And you also have to keep in mind that each press comes with its own sets of strengths and weaknesses.
Here is a review of the best presses that you can find in the market today. Through this review, you will be able to acquaint yourself with each of the three turret presses features, thereby allowing you to decide on the best one at the end of the day. And when it comes to choosing the best one among the three choices we have, the following criteria can be of great help for you:
3 Best Turret Press – Comparison Chart
Our list for the three best turret presses includes the following:
|Picture||Name||Our Rating||Price||Get Product|
|Lee Precision Classic Turret Press Kit||4.9||$$|
|Lyman Reloading Press T-Mag Turret Press||4.9||$$|
|Redding Reloading - T-7 Turret Press with Primer Arm||4.9||$$|
Table of Contents
- 1 3 Best Turret Press – Comparison Chart
- 2 Complexity
- 3 Precision
- 4 Speed
- 5 Cost
- 6 Related Video: Reloading .45 ACP With Lee Turret Press
- 7 Related Posts:
- Lee Precision Classic Turret Press Kit. This kit and a set of Lee dies is everything you need to begin reloading. It works fast and offers convenience when loading handgun cartridges, with rates in excess of 250 rounds per hour possible. It comes with large and small safety primeare that makes your press-priming easy and simple. With its instant change turret, changing your calibers can be done in just a snap. As a complement for your press kit, conditioning tools are included to make it easier for you to prepare your brass for loading.
- Lyman Reloading Press T-Mag Turret Press. This is America’s favorite high speed turret press and now it comes out in an upgraded and reengineered form to render unmatched precision, power and versatility. This turret press now comes with a high-tech iron frame with a state of the art silver hammertone in powder coat finish to ensure excellent durability. Its retention system is now more improved for smooth indexing while maintaining rock-solid turret support. It also comes with six-station turret heads that allows the reloader mount up to six reloading dies at the same time. It detaches its head to change calibers easily while precise set up is retained.
- Redding Reloading – T-7 Turret Press with Primer Arm. This product from Redding Reloading combines convenience and strength power with the versatility and speed of a turret press. It is engineered in cast iron construction and turret support that is second to none. It is enhanced with compound linkage with more than 3.8 of ram travel.t is also designed with an optional slide-bar automatic primer feeding system and an additional turret station for added versatility.
Our Pick for Best Complexity: Redding Reloading – T-7 Turret Press with Primer Arm
- Lee Precision Classic Turret Press Kit. Like what has been mentioned a while back, this kit happens to be everything you need to begin reloading. In terms of precision, this turret press works fast and convenient, with rates that can go as far as 250 rounds per hour possible. With its Pro Auto Drum powder measure and riser, this turret press works perfectly for rifle and handgun cartridges. It also allows you to deactivate the auto-index and batch load the largest and longest rifle cartridges.
- Lyman Reloading Press T-Mag Turret Press. The T-Mag II’s six station turret head lets the reloader mount up to six different reloading dies at one time. Like other high-end and costly progressive presses, the turret head is also detachable to allow easy changing of calibers while maintaining precise set up. With this product, you can obtain extra turret heads and have all your calibers set up to reload. And with its flat base, it can be easily mounted to a metal r wooden bench.
- Redding Reloading – T-7 Turret Press with Primer Arm. This product is designed to create the ultimate turret press. It accepts all standard 7/8 – 14 threaded dies and universal shell holders. What is really great is that you can rotate these shell holders to any comfortable position you want.
Our Pick for Precision: Lee Precision Classic Turret Press Kit
- Lee Precision Classic Turret Press Kit. This turret press works fast and renders a great deal of convenience when reloading handgun cartridges. In fact, it has rates in excess of 250 rounds per hour. You can also change your turret instantly and this works in just a snap of your fingers. This also allows you to quickly deactivate its auto-index and batch load the largest and longest rifle cartridges.
- Lyman Reloading Press T-Mag Turret Press. With its superb speed and accuracy, no wonder why this turret press from Lyman is known as the top favorite among handgun and rifle users in the United States of America. This can be proven by its ability to mount up to six reloading dies at one time. In fact, this turret press can also be compared to other high-end and expensive turrets presses out there that can have their heads detached quickly to easily change calibers while precise set up is retained in the process.
- Redding Reloading – T-7 Turret Press with Primer Arm. This turret press is a combination of strength power, convenience, versatility and speed. No wonder it has been tagged by many people as the ultimate turret press. It also helps you save much of your time as it can leave the dies that need precise set up on the press. Thus, this makes switching between different seating dies much simpler and easier.
Our Pick for Speed: Lyman Reloading Press T-Mag Turret Press
- Lee Precision Classic Turret Press Kit. This turret press stays in the middle of our other two options. Tagged with a price that’s less than two hundred forty bucks, this kit is something that will complete your reloading needs. And since it is made in the USA, this gives you the guarantee that the product is something of high quality.
- Lyman Reloading Press T-Mag Turret Press. This product turret press happens to be one that has the lowest price when compared to the two other choices we have on this list. With a price that is less than two hundred bucks, this is something that provides you with a sense of affordability especially when you are looking for something that is not only high in quality but in terms of affordability as well.
- Redding Reloading – T-7 Turret Press with Primer Arm. This turret press comes with a price tag of more than three hundred bucks. It’s a perfect pick, indeed especially when you are willing to spend more for a high-end turret press.
Our Pick for Cost: Lyman Reloading Press T-Mag Turret Press
So, what have you found out as the best turret press? Basing from the four criteria that we used, the Lyman Reloading Press T-Mag Turret Press emerged as the best among the three. However, the other two options also performed well and both also exuded characteristics and attributes that you may not be able to find in other low-end and inferior reloading dies out there. With the Lyman Reloading Press T-Mag Turret Press, you can have something that works fast, precise and easily to meet your needs. And at a price that’s truly affordable, you can’t go wrong buying it to enhance your reloading requirements and needs.