It is a challenging task to choose the best throwing tomahawk online especially if it is your first purchase. This guide with complete review lists three top products recommended by experts after testing and trying them personally. If you are looking for a light weight and perfect tomahawk, this review guide is what you need to go through to make the right selection.
|Picture||Name||Our Rating||Price||Get Product|
|FO6TN-CP Fasthawk Tactical Tomahawk by SOG Speciality Knives with Steel Blade||4.6||$|
|Trench Hawk Axe by Cold Steel||4.5||$|
|Trail Hawk by Cold Steel with American Hickory Handle||4.1||$|
Table of Contents
- 1 Things to Consider Before Buying a Throwing Tomahawk
- 2 Top 3 Best Throwing Tomahawk Reviews On The Market
- 3 Conclusion
Things to Consider Before Buying a Throwing Tomahawk
Purchasing a Tomahawk sounds easy but if you are new to the tool, it can be a daunting task to find the best one. There are certain things you need to consider before purchasing the tool because it should add to your convenience and not be a burden.
The construction and way it is designed is a critical factor in choosing a tomahawk. Most of the tools are made from drop forging method using stainless steel or carbon steel which hardens it and provides more durability. Always consider of the tomahawk can be thrown towards the target even at a distance.
- Size of the Tomahawk
The size is important and it is better to choose a size that complements with your height for better utility. It is important that it complement the size of the thrower as the size of the tool is different. The 16 inch of the Tomahawk is ideal for height 5.5 inch or below. If you are 5.10 feet or near about, the ideal length should be 19 inches. If taller than 5.10 feet, the 21 to 22 inch is the right size for the tomahawk.
The tomahawk must have a different purpose and should not be limited to only cutting purpose. Mostly the tool has one side of the head as sharp cutting edge blade and another side has blunt hammering side. This makes the tool better and ideal for travelers.
The weight is an essential factor because unless it is light weight, throwing the tomahawk becomes difficult and distressing. It should be compact and lightweight making it great for portability and carrying along during adventures.
Top 3 Best Throwing Tomahawk Reviews On The Market
FO6TN-CP Fasthawk Tactical Tomahawk by SOG Speciality Knives with Steel Blade
The compact and sturdy throwing tomahawk is lightweight and is equipped with a multi-utility tool including hammer on side and blade on the other. The 2-inch stainless steel 420 axe complements well with polymer nylon. It is one of the best tactical tomahawks which are great for versatile use like chopping, digging, prying, notching, throwing etc.
It has a hard cased finish, faster in action and easier to carry due to its light weight. The sharp blade end can be used for cutting, blunt edge on the other side of a hammer and chiseled end can be used for extraction. It is a simple and convenient product which is great for tactical purpose and its compact size makes it ideal for outdoor adventures.
- Compact, easy to use, portable and lightweight due to glass reinforced nylon
- It has 2 inches of 420 stainless steel axe blade which are sharp and used for cutting purpose
- Includes black sheath along with snap closure and has an attachment for belt loop
- Two in one with one side featuring razor sharp blade and other side has blunt hammering end
- The axe blade is contained in the hard cased finish which is attached to ballistic polymer handle.
- The polymer handles give a good grip with its anti-slip properties.
- The head attached to the handle with help of four screws that make the construction sturdy
- Handle is not durable enough and requires careful handling
Trench Hawk Axe by Cold Steel
The construction of the tomahawk is robust and strong as it is made if carbon steel which holds the blade more strongly. The sleek design of the tomahawk makes it ideal for outdoor travelers and is extremely lightweight weighing only 20 ounces. The blade of the product is known for its toughness and high-end utility.
It is an ideal product which helps in breaking out of confined space like an alley, hallway, trenches etc. It has an overall length of 19 inches with 3 ½ inches of cutting edge and wedge shaped spike end. The axe is drop forged from 5150 carbon steel that makes it hard and strong enough to withstand continuous use.
The handle is made from polypropylene which is extremely stable and secure. The handle is resistant to shock for longer durability. The Tomahawk comes with patented Secure-Ex sheath to protect from sharp and dangerous spikes.
- Lightweight, compact and designed in a way to help one break out of confined spaces.
- Made from drop forged 1055 carbon steel that adds to the overall hardness and durability
- It includes a 3 ½ inch cutting edge and wedge shapes spike with overall product length of 19-inch
- It comes with patented secure ex-sheath to prevent injury from sharp and wedge-shaped spikes
- The handles is made of polypropylene which is resistant to shock and strong impact
- Due to the long length of the handles, the speed of throw might reduce slightly
Trail Hawk by Cold Steel with American Hickory Handle
The product is sturdy and strong constructed using 1055 carbon steel through drop forging. The forging process of construction adds toughness to the tomahawk starting with metal ingot heated and formed in the progressive shape required. Thus, the tomahawk is hardened and made strong both on the cutting edge and hammer side due to drop forging.
With an overall weight of 1.34 lbs, it is ideal to carry along for the outdoor adventure. The primary edge has a length of 2 ¼ inches with overall length of the tool being 22 inches. The handle of the tool is made from American hickory which helps in proper grip and throwing of the tomahawk.
- Compact, convenient and sturdy tomahawk best used for multiple tactical purposes
- Constructed using the drop forging process with use of 1055 carbon steel that hardens the tool and makes it strong
- The overall length is 22 inch along with the hawk length of 6 ½ inch and primary edge length of 2 ¼ inch
- Blade is sharp and cutting edge which can be used for cutting and removing outdoor obstacles
- Handle made from American Hickory which is strong and holds the blade tightly
- One side of the head has cutting edge sharp blade while other has blunt hammer
- The handle has the tendency to become little loose on throwing the tomahawk continuously
Tomahawks were initially introduced as sport using which people aimed at the particular target and tried hitting the same. Having realized its potential over the years, the throwing tomahawk is now used as a tactical tool and carried by outdoor travelers, military etc. for a different purpose.
With so many tools in the market, it becomes difficult to make the selection for best throwing tomahawk which is why the guide is something that will help you. The products listed are tried personally by experts and recommended with pros and cons after prolonged usage. Do your research and make the right investment for longer usage.
>> READ MORE: