Switchblades are popular for its convenience and small size making it easily portable. These knives are quite handy and can be used for various purposes. They are folding or sliding knives that are contained in the handles and can be carried by the better sliding into a pocket. They are high performing with sharp blade making it extremely convenient during outdoor adventures.
The guide will help you make the right selection and purchase the best switchblade from a wide range of variety available in the market. It is a challenging task to find the best and most efficient product but the products listed below are tested and tried by experts, making them a great buy.
Table of Contents
- Buyers Guide and Things You Need to Know
- Top 3 Best Switchblade Reviews On The Market 2020
Buyers Guide and Things You Need to Know
- Best Yeti Cooler: 5 Our Top Picks and Buying Guide (Review 2020)
- Best Small Cooler: Buying Guide and Our Top Picks (Review 2020)
- Best Picnic Cooler: Buying Guide and Our Top Picks for 2020
- What’s The Best Shooting Stick Currently Available?
When it comes to purchasing a switchblade, there are certain things you need to take care and make the investment on the right product. There are few aspects of a switchblade which are non-negotiable and it is important to check for the same before making the purchase. Here are things you need to check for best convenience:
#1 Opening Mechanism
It is one of the most important things to check for as it decides if the knife is of high utility or not and handy. The assisted spring opening mechanism is easy and convenient which helps in opening of the knife with one hand. Make sure that the knife folds and unfolds automatically with help of button click, unlike a traditional knife.
#2 Blade Performance
The blade is important because it is what is going to take care of everything tactical. Stainless steel blade construction is best as it prevents rust and corrosion making it a long term an asset. Serrated blades are great for cutting ropes, plants etc. while smooth blades can be used for wide range of activities.
#3 Blade length and knife size
The length of the blade is an important aspect which cannot be ignored. It should be well designed and secured within the handle. The construction must be tough and sturdy with the size of the knife not too long. The more compact the knife is, the better is its portability characteristics.
#4 Emergency features
It is always better to purchase a tactical pocket switchblade which has certain emergency attributes. Features like a bottle opener, belt cutter, glass breaker etc. add to the diverse utility of the knife. If a knife has all these features included it is better and more effective.
Top 3 Best Switchblade Reviews On The Market 2020
#1 TAC Force TF-705 Series Assisted Opening Tactical Folding Knife, Half-Serrated Blade
The switchblade from TAC Force enabled one hand deployment and has a 3mm thick half serrated blade of 3 ¼ inch made from stainless steel. It is small in size that can be slid into the pocket and is a great asset during outdoor adventures. The knife comes with liner lock that securely places the spring assisted opening folding steadily in place. The blade of the knife is contained in a sturdy aluminum handle which also features a bottle opener along with glass breaker.
The tactical knife is a must buy for its portable size and its ability to assist with versatile emergencies. The half serrated blade is perfect for cutting ropes, tree branches, prevent predator attack etc. It consists of a pocket clip on the back of the handle to cling the knife safety to pocket.
- Small, handy and portable making it great for outdoor adventures as it can easily slide into pocket
- Half serrated stainless steel blade can be used for cutting ropes, bushes etc.
- One handed deployment with help of spring assisted folding knife
- The knife has a secured liner lock that locks the knife properly in place
- Convenient and handy blade length of 3-1/2 inch with thickness of 3mm
- The blade of the knife has contained neatly in aluminum handle for safety
- Knife handle has attached bottle opener and glass opener to be used during emergencies
- Comes with pocket clip at end of the handle for carrying the knife safely
- Not very durable as the locking mechanism can get wobbly on the knife falling off
#2 The Atomic Bear Folding Knife with Half Serrated Stainless Steel Blade and G10
The pocket size tactical knife is not only useful for wide range of activities but flaunts its gothic and aesthetic outlook through its skull design embedded on handle and blade. The stylish knife is available in different colors according to an individual’s personality. The overall length of the knife when opened is 7 inches and is constructed from steel.
The liner locking mechanism of the knife ensures it is secured efficiently and can be folded back to the handle and extended with one hand. The Michael Corleone Godfather style Italian Inspired Knife is the perfect pocket knife with a belt clip on the back side to fasten it strongly to the belt.
- Sturdy, strong and stylish knife with steel construction flaunting embedded skull pattern on blade and handle
- Extremely sharp making it great for tactical purpose and opens at rapid speed
- Has overall length of 7 inches with the sharp blade neatly contained in the stylish and strong handle
- Comes with liner lock that secures the knife appropriately
- It has a belt clip on the back that can be used to fasten the knife to belt or pocket
- Sharp and smooth blade of 4 inches made of stainless steel
- Blade has tendency to lose sharpness after sometime
- Handle is slippery which makes it difficult for beginners to open the knife quickly
#3 TAC Force TF-719BK Assisted Opening Folding Tactical Knife
The easy to use and handy dagger style knife is all you need to accompany you on your adventures. It is constructed strongly with a 3 ½ inch blade made from stainless steel that is accompanied with assisted opening. The knife boasts of curved extended tangs, blood groove with the blade flaunting the false top edge.
The blade neatly seats into the aluminum handle with a slot cut out design. The knife also has an integrated seat belt cutter for emergency use along with a glass cutter. It is small and sturdy with the length of the only 4.5 inch when closed and has a proper locking mechanism for securing the blade in the handle.
- The construction is sturdy and strong with length of 4.5 inches when closed and fixed in handle
- The blade is sharp and is made of stainless steel with length of 3.25 inch
- Tactical knife that includes belt cutter along with glass breaker for emergency purpose
- Handle is constructed of durable aluminum that holds the blade efficiently
- The pocket knife is portable and with its spring assisted design it can be opened with one snap
- The knife is affordable, durable and sleek that can be used for versatile purposes
- The blade tends to become dull after a while and needs sharpening.
- Difficulty in opening the blade when it is new
The switchblades are pocket sized folding knives which are great for wide range of activities and best for tactical purpose. Right from cutting bushes, rope, plants etc., it can be used for many outdoor works. They are small, sturdy and portable owing to their compact size that can be clipped onto the pocket. With mostly the spring assisted system and efficient locking mechanism, it can be opened with one click and locked in the secure manner. The blade can be deployed using one hand.
With so many options in the market, choosing the best switchblade becomes a challenging task which is why this comprehensive guide will be helpful. After personal test and trail, review with pros and cons are written by experts in helping you make the right selection.
>> READ MORE: