There are times when you just want to take a hike or camping trip to help with team building or family bonding. With camping and hiking, you will need many things for better survival. As part of surviving the wilderness, you will need access to clean water. The best survival water filter is what you need for filtering the unprocessed water in the jungle for better assurance that the water is safe for consumption.
Many water filters are available on the market today, but not all of them can be said to be portable and suitable for survival for hiking or emergency situations. Below are some of the top 5 models that you should get today for easy survival the next time you are out there.
Table of Contents
- Best Survival Water Filter – Comparison Chart
- Top 5 Best Survival Water Filter Reviews
- Buying Guide for Survival Water Filters
Best Survival Water Filter – Comparison Chart
- Best Yeti Cooler: 5 Our Top Picks and Buying Guide (Review 2020)
- Best Small Cooler: Buying Guide and Our Top Picks (Review 2020)
- Best Picnic Cooler: Buying Guide and Our Top Picks for 2020
- What Is The Best Switchblade For The Money? 2020 Reviews
Top 5 Best Survival Water Filter Reviews
1. Etekcity 1500L Water Personal Filter Survival Gear
It gets to this list among the best camping water filters for having guaranteed safety tested in agreement with FDA regulations. The TUV SUD Institute was involved in the product-testing phase to ensure that the consumers get a product with maximum quality and safety.
The hollow fiber UF membrane found on the water filter will clean up to 0.01 microns. At such a rating, the product will remove many contaminants that might lead to serious illnesses. You will get up to 1500 liters of filtration at any time on the same filter.
- It is tested in agreement with FDA standards
- You can filter more water on a single filter
- The product comes with additional accessories such as water pouch, pre-filter, and many others to help with proper water filter
- The UF membrane filter is a better technology to help with more filtration than other commonly existing technologies
- It is slower when it comes to filtering the water through the device
2. Survivor Filter Pro Nano-Filtration Water Purifier
The triple filtration by this survival water filter puts it on a different level as compared to its competitors. The product has been tested by the Intertek Labs in Columbus, Ohio that showed it has better capabilities as originally designed.
The product can eliminate 99.99 percent of the virus, staph, and bacteria. The hard metals such as mercury and lead are also eliminated from the water, making it safer for anyone to drink while camping. The taste of the water is improved when using this filter. Forget about feeling the taste of the grimy stream water in the jungle.
- The triple filtration will provide you with clean water free from all contaminants you can be found in the dirty water
- The elimination of hard metals such as mercury and lead makes the water safer than when using other types of survival water filters
- The product is built of quality materials that can handle any rough conditions during hiking or in an emergency situation
- It seems to get clogged faster after using it for a few rounds
3. LifeStraw Personal Water Filter
This is the best-rated survival water filter straw as it is used by millions around the world. Since its endorsement by the United Nations, the product went viral, and it is now among the most spread brand of water filters. The product weighs only 54g making is perfect for any hiking and camping trips. You will not feel like carrying any unintended weight during the trip.
For those who might have affected by natural disasters, it is time to find yourself a LifeStraw personal water filter today for such emergencies. Since it can deliver up to 0.05 microns, expect it to remove salmonella, E-coli, and many other contaminants.
- You can drink straight from the stream by simply using this product, and it is that effective
- It is fast in filtering the dirty water to get you safe and drinkable water
- It is lightweight, making it better for portability. You can have it on your traveling trip, hiking or camping trip too.
- It is trusted by many health agencies all over the world, making it easily acceptable by many people who live in different places around the world.
- You might have to suck hard to get the water through the water filter
4. LifeStraw Go Water Bottle Filter
The product is made of a plastic cover that is still BPA free. This shows that the product is chemical free and will get you the clean water during any hiking and camping trip. No more dealing with the bad taste of the jungle water that might have many contaminants affecting its taste.
The bottle has a large capacity to eliminate water up to 1000 liters on a single filter. The filtration technology will remove 99.9% of the water contaminants. You can be sure that it will be effective for all types of water filtration activity. The manufacturer rates the product as best for hiking, camping, fishing, hunting, and backpacking.
- It is a multipurpose water filter as it can be used for hiking, camping and even at home
- The filtration technology will remove up to 99.9% of any waterborne bacteria
- The product is BPA free, thus no more contamination of the water
- You may hate the chemical taste
5. Katadyn Pocket Water Filter
It is designed and built for better durability than most of its competitors. The product will last for a long time, even with regular use by the hikers. As much as it is a small system, it will help to filter 300 gallons of clean drinking water before it can be replaced.
You will never have to carry a lot of water on your hiking trip next time when you can use such a product for water filtration. The water filter can also still be connected to the other water reservoirs if you need to purify your camping water before drinking it.
- The dual filter technology comes with three filter levels to eliminate more contaminants from the drinking water
- It is small in size, making it easy for portability during a hiking event
- It can filter a lot of water before it has to be replaced
- Without proper maintenance, the product will not produce enough suction that you need
Buying Guide for Survival Water Filters
Water Filter Brand
The brand will always make it easy to choose any product. You would always make an extensive search to learn about a product before buying one. The mentioned products above are among the top brands you must always consider before making any purchase. You can still identify the top brands by checking out the user ratings online and the product reviews.
The Filtering Capacity
The filtering capacity is the amount of water that can be filtered by the device at any given time. Mostly you would want a product that acts fast. Dehydration can be quite serious, especially when you are out in the wilderness with limited access to clean water. Using a quick survival water system, you should access all the clean water you need for the trip.
The filter technology will determine just how many contaminants will be filtered from the dirty water. Most manufacturers would claim to offer filters can eliminate up to 99.9 percent of the contaminants. Some come with triple filtration and other types of technology. You should know that each filtration system would have its pros and cons. Always choose a fully certified filtration technology.
The product reviews are a way of learning more about the product even before buying it. Most people would be skeptical of buying a product they have never heard about before. Using the product reviews, you can finally know more about the different things about the product that makes it lovable by many people. You can also know more about the different limitations of the product that are rarely shared by the manufacturer.
Ease of Use
Any person would want a product that is easy to use under any circumstance. You may be thirsty, and you need to have a quick fix of the water. It is time to opt for a product that shows the easy mode of operation. Some manufacturers are likely to include a detailed guide to help with filtering the water with a lot of ease. Most of the time ease of use are affected by the design and control mechanisms.
Many people would be thinking about taking a hike or camping trip once in a year to just forget about their busy world and get the time to relax. There will be no relaxing when you end up being sick from drinking unfiltered water. It is time to start taking great care of yourself by buying the best survival water filter systems.
Whenever you are out there having fun while hiking, then you can be sure of always drinking clean water. Some water filters will have a faster operation than the others have, always choose one that will fulfill more of your needs.