Fishing has become like a recreation as well as sport these days and a huge number of people are enjoying. For the perfect fishing experience it is essential that you are ready with the right kinds of accessories such as reels, ropes, baits and so on. Spincast reel has become pretty popular and useful to all the fishing lovers.
Table of Contents
- 1 Types of Reels
- 2 Why Spincast reels?
- 3 Construction of a Spincast Reel
- 4 Advantages of the Spincast reels
- 5 Disadvantages of the Spincast reels
- 6 Top 5 Best Spincast Reel Reviews For The Money
- 6.1 Omega ZO3PRO Spincast fishing reels by Zebco
- 6.2 Omega Z03 Spincast reel by Zebco
- 6.3 Silvercast series of spinning reels by Daiwa
- 6.4 Goldcast Spincast Reels
- 6.5 Ball Bearing Spincast Reels – 33 Platinum by Zebco
- 7 Conclusion
Types of Reels
There are different kinds of reels available at present. They are:
- Baitcasting: This is the most difficult form of reel and the art of using it needs to be mastered. The spool turns while you are casting the bait and hence the user needs to have the right kind of control and at the right time, on the spool so as to work effectively.
- Spinning: This is the most modernized form of spinning reel. They make use of the advanced spinning technology to catch fish and is very accurate in its performance.
- Drag: This is based on the pull or the pressure that the fish experiences when it gets entangled on the bait. The tighter the drag is, more amount of resistance is felt by the fish when it falls prey for the food.
- Spincasting: This is one of the most popular techniques of fishing and most easy to learn as well. Fishing and casting are made as easy as anything now. Spinning and floating bait is used for catching fishes in all kinds of situations both in saltwater as well as freshwater.
- Fly reel: This kind is specifically efficient in storing the line with the appropriate tension. It is a single action reel.
- Centrepin: This is also known as the float reel which is used for coarse fishing. The momentum of the casting is enough for drawing the line back to the spool.
- Underspin reel: These are comparatively more popular as they are balanced well and can be used for holding for longer periods of time.
Why Spincast reels?
Firstly we need to know what a spincast reel is. A spincast reel is basically that kind of a reel that makes use of a spinning reel and a floating bait to allure the fishes and hook them. This makes use of the spinning technique for fishing.
Prior skill or training is not as necessary as for other kinds of fishing rods and reels. You simply learn by experience. There are various techniques other than the basic ones that you can follow to become a pro in the field. Just by clicking on the button you can cast the reel effectively.
All the parts of the Spincast reel are placed inside a covering and from a small hole on the covering the rope comes out and can be casted.
Construction of a Spincast Reel
A spincast reel has a basic simple construction. It makes proper use of spinning and floating bait as already mentioned, for the purpose of fishing. The different parts of the spincast reel, such as the reel, the reel foot, the reel handle, the thumb button and the drag adjustment are all arranged in a sturdy metallic cover. This cover consists of a small opening called as the line opening through which the line passes smoothly and can be reeled back smoothly as well.
Just by clicking on the thumb button the reel can be extended and casted forward without any issues about the line getting tangled or anything of the like. Pulling back the casted line is also easy with the smooth movement of the reel handle. With proper experience the thumb button can be made proper use of and the proper casting of the line can be mastered as well, without any prior training or any kind of professional help.
Advantages of the Spincast reels
Wish to know some of the important advantages and disadvantages of the spincasting reel? Wondering why people settle with this instead of the other kinds? Some of the advantages of the spincasting reels are:
- These are easy to use. Even children and new learners can use this reel effectively for fishing.
- There is no chance of getting tangled as the line opening sorts that out perfectly.
- They have a strong and uncomplicated construction.
- They are more or less inexpensive in nature.
Disadvantages of the Spincast reels
Like there is always a flip side of a coin, there are some disadvantages of this amazing fishing reel as well. The disadvantages of the spincasting reels can be listed as follows:
- These spincasting reels are not made sturdy enough to handle large fishes at a time.
- Some compromise has to be made in terms of accuracy and precision of the device as these types of reels are not good enough when it comes to long distance throwing and does not provide the ultimate accuracy.
Top 5 Best Spincast Reel Reviews For The Money
Omega ZO3PRO Spincast fishing reels by Zebco
Most amazingly Zebco was the first brand which brought out its first spincast reel with the latest cutting edge on technology. It is easier to use when compared to traditional ones. This has quite a number of advantages as well as disadvantages to watch out for.
- This is the first made seven bearing spincast reels at present.
- Both left and right hand usage is facilitated with this reel.
- The ceramic line guide and the auto bait alert makes the usage of this spincast reel even easier that it is supposed to be traditionally.
- A 3X positive pickup system is also present in the reel.
- The reel is light and easy to handle.
- The spincast reel is available at a very low price compared to the huge number of benefits it provides.
- The oscillating spool is known to be hanging, it does not connect to the point where it is expected to attach and thus it makes the forward casting of the fishing line somewhat difficult.
- It cannot bait heavy fishes. The make is not sturdy enough to hold on to large sized and heavy fishes.
- It produces a grinding sound sometimes when you are forward casting while fishing with this Zebco fishing reel.
Omega Z03 Spincast reel by Zebco
There are a couple of features which sets it apart from the other spincast reels and thus makes it one of the popular Zebco products that are in use these days. The anti-reverse action prevents the reel from getting entangled.
- The best thing about this product is the distance it covers at a time. It has a capacity of 85 yards at a time and has about 10 pounds line weight.
- The continuous anti-reverse action makes the spool go only in one direction at a time avoiding it from getting tangled.
- Sealed soft touch rubber button is something that is meant for the first timers and children to use the spincast reel effectively.
- Level wind oscillating spool makes it so very useful to use this product in any environmental conditions at ease.
- Spools can be changed and installed easily which makes it convenient for newcomers in the field.
- The product is comparatively high priced taking into account the features it contains.
- Sometimes the line does not come out as smoothly as the other time, taking into account the friction between the line and the line opening is not good enough
- The full drag cannot be reached with this Zebco Omega Z03 Spincast reel.
Silvercast series of spinning reels by Daiwa
This series of spincast reels by Daiwa has proved to be really helpful when it came to fishing as a recreation as well as a sport. When it comes to having a proper fishing accessory this is the one that is recommended by us. It can be used for medium and light actions.
- There are 3 ball bearings in this spincast reel which makes it a really flexible fishing reel of its kind.
- This spincast reel is suitable for freshwater for both medium as well as light action.
- It is a very light fishing reel, as less as 8.8 ounce thus there is no trouble of carrying it around anywhere.
- The gear ratio is 4:3:1 which is again something that is worth paying the price for as it increases the performance effectively.
- The sturdy outer body makes it a really durable and strong fishing reel available in the market at present.
- Some have reported that the drag of this reel reduces after a couple of weeks of regular fishing.
- The price of this silvercast series is very high compared to the other spincast reels of its kinds.
- Sometimes if you do not follow the right procedure the reels seems to get locked midway.
Goldcast Spincast Reels
This is one of the spincast reels that the professional fishermen like using for the maximum output. They along with their acquired skill and the effective performance of the spincast reel lead to amazing results of fishing and great fishing experiences. This spincast reel is apt for heavy weight fishing.
- The rotating Carbide line pickup is very useful for the smooth casting of the line for long distances.
- The line aperture for casting is optimized in case of this Goldcast reels and it is the maximum as well for the ultimate efficacy.
- The 12 ounce line capacity makes it very strong for the purpose of use for hooking heavy weight fishes.
- The drag adjustment is smoother than ever before.
- The price that is charged for this amazing product is almost nothing compared to all the advantages it has.
- The reel is said to be somewhat noisy but that is something that can be overlooked taking into account the benefits it provides.
- There is some issue with the drag adjustments and the drag is not as strong compared to other spincast reels.
- The users have reported to have faced trouble in contacting the service centers in case of troubles.
Ball Bearing Spincast Reels – 33 Platinum by Zebco
This is another one of our favourite fishing reels at present. There are quite a number of qualities of this product which makes it one of the leading products of its kind. However this has a couple of disadvantages as well.
- Quick and high speed reeling and casting is possible with the gear ratio of 4:1:1.
- The full body and rim has been made of durable metal and thus there are no changes of getting spoilt say for example like the rubber buttons and the line.
- You can use this spincast reel both with your left hand and your right hand at ease without worrying much about the efficiency as this has been prepared to serve one and all.
- It can be spooned with a line which is 100 yards in length. Thus it has a huge line as a backup for the whole fishing experience.
- The drag of this device is not good enough and it cannot be retrieved once it is casted for long distances. Long distance casting can be done by just increasing the drag slightly only.
- Cleaning of this spincast reel might be a little difficult initially.
- The precision of the device is compromised.
There are many products that are good for fishing but the best ones as the history suggest, Zebco is the leading company that still sells the top spincast reels in the fishing market these days. The Omega ZO3PRO Spincast by Zebco is one of the leaders in the markets today which is very popular and more and more people are opting for it time and again.
For years Zebco has been selling the best quality products and there are thousands of happy customers they have all across the world. Other Daiwa is another leading brand that competes with Zebco these days in terms of selling spincast reels at affordable prices as well. Judge all the factors and the features of each product effectively and then make your choice for spincast reel.