Have you ever experienced being torn between the best slug gun scope brands and models on the market? The struggle is definitely real especially if you don’t have any idea about the latest and most recommended rifle optics today. To help rifle enthusiasts that want to make a scope upgrade like you, we have come up with a list of the most important things you need to consider before purchasing your rifle optics.
- Overall Performance
- Ease of Use
5 Best Slug Gun Scope – Comparision Chart
|Picture||Name||Our Rating||Price||Get Product|
|Slughunter BDC (Nikon)||4.9||$$|
|Slug Gun Scope (Burris)||4.7||$$|
|Banner Dusk & Dawn Riflescope (Bushnell)||4.5||$|
|Bushnell Shotgun Circle-X-Reticle Realtree||4.6||$$|
|Vortex Optics Diamondback Rifle 3-9x40||4.6||$$|
Table of Contents
- 1 5 Best Slug Gun Scope – Comparision Chart
- 2 OVERALL PERFORMANCE
- 3 TOUGHNESS/STABILITY
- 4 PRICE
- 5 EASE OF USE
- 6 YouTube VIDEO REVIEWS
- 7 So what is the Best Slug Gun Scope on the market today?
- 8 Related Posts:
Now that you’re clear what to look for in a rifle scope, it’s high time you see and review our top 3 scopes that are highly recommended for slug guns:
- Slughunter BDC (Nikon)
- Slug Gun Scope (Burris)
- Banner Dusk & Dawn Riflescope (Bushnell)
Stop lagging with your slug gun optics update because buying a new scope may just be all you need to improve your shot, whether in recreational or combat fields…
One of the most important criteria to look into when shopping for a slug gun riflescope is the overall performance of the optics. You need a reliable and tough scope that performs with satisfactory results no matter what the outdoor conditions may be.
- Banner Dusk & Dawn Riflescope (Bushnell). This is an affordable rifle optics designed for slug guns but the performance is never inferior to other costlier brands and models. The vision is crystal clear with its adjustable eye focus and 1-4x 32 HD magnification power. It performs quite well with slugs for big target shooting games, hunting, and combat, given its multi-coated, durable lens that guarantees brightness and clarity even in low light.
- Slug Gun Scope (Burris). The high-rated slug gun optics features the Cross Hairs reticle design and HD clarity with the 2x-7x magnification. The lens measures 11.4 inches in length with a field of view of 45 Low to 13 Feet High at 100 yards. The high-performing optics showcases its 3.1-4.1 inches eye relief, 60 MOA adjustment range, and 17mm low to 5mm high exit pupil. It delivers top flight performance even in the most rugged terrains and the harshest of outdoor conditions.
- Slughunter BDC (Nikon). The slug gun rifle scope from Nikon is one of the most impressive optics today that gives you target precision even with moving objects and low lights. The scope is made for slug guns and designed for long range targets, a combination that is quite rare to find in the previous years. The superior performance of this Nikon optics model is also attributed to its patented BDC 200 special reticle that is fully equipped with the open circle design for long range shots.
—> Our Top Choice for PERFORMANCE: Slug Gun Scope (Burris)
You need a slug gun riflescope that is durable and could last for years and only a few brands can offer trusted resilience and durability in their optics. You can measure the real strength of the optics after you have used it on the field with the toughest of weather and terrain and it still doesn’t fail, not ever.
- Slughunter BDC (Nikon). The rifle optics from Nikon is highly regarded for its fully equipped lens with multicoated features to ensure light transmission, clarity, and brightness in low light environments. It resists scratches, water damage, fog damage, and is totally shockproof.
- Banner Dusk & Dawn Riflescope (Bushnell). This is a multiple-coated optics that showcases a beautiful and slick design with guaranteed durability from its shockproof and waterproof features. It’s a great choice and match for a shotgun, improving your target while staying intact and stable regardless of the force and weather conditions.
- Slug Gun Scope (Burris). The Burris slug gun riflescope is military-grade with its resilient and long-lasting construction and a multi-coated glass design for ground precision. The scope comes with the Burris Forever Warranty so you’re quite sure that it is built to last, no matter what the field condition may be.
—> Our Top Choice for TOUGHNESS/STABILITY: Slughunter BDC (Nikon)
The Slughunter BDC rifle scope from Nikon is the most expensive in our list of the best slug gun scope on the market. The notable commendations it received, however, prove that this brand and model is worth every dollar. Burris Slug Gun Scope is our mid-range rifle optics but it is actually on top of the scale when it comes to quality and customer satisfaction. Bushnell’s Banner Dusk & Dawn is in the bottom of the price scale with its affordable price tag. Don’t be fooled, though, because the rifle scope could be as tough and high-performing as its pricier counterparts.
—> Our Top Choice for PRICE: Banner Dusk & Dawn Riflescope (Bushnell)
EASE OF USE
The slug gun optics from different brands has their own features and designs that affect the ease or convenience to attach the scope to the rifle. The best riflescope for your slug gun is one that offers hassle-free assembly even for beginners and rifle newbie.
- Banner Dusk & Dawn Riflescope (Bushnell). The scope comes with a simple one-piece tube design and the foolproof Circle-X reticle with easy elevation adjustments and fast-focus eyepiece.
- Slughunter BDC (Nikon). There are various features in this Nikon optics that made it easy to use particularly the Spring-Loaded adjustments for the zero-reset turrets. You can easily mount the compact eyepiece for a stable and precise target.
- Slug Gun Scope (Burris). The finger-adjustable turrets have low profile design to ensure convenience in attaching the riflescope or separating it from the slug gun for maintenance.
—> Our Top Choice for EASE OF USE: Slughunter BDC (Nikon)
YouTube VIDEO REVIEWS
There are plenty of reviews and tutorials that you can find especially videos on YouTube that could give you a much clearer overview and more detailed information about the rifle optics.
See a more detailed and comprehensive take of the Nikon Slughunter in this video.
You can also check out the video for Burris slug gun optics here.
So what is the Best Slug Gun Scope on the market today?
Riflescopes have their own strong and weak points and choosing the right optics for your slug gun depends on your individual needs and preferences. It is also essential to look into your budget before you go comparing and shopping rifle optics to save money, time, and energy. Here are some of the questions you need to ask yourself in order to help you narrow down your choices:
- How tough or harsh is the condition or terrain?
- What is your allocated budget for the riflescope upgrade?
- Are you a novice in this niche?
- Is the slug gun for recreational or combative purpose?
Based on our criteria above, here is our verdict:
- Best for Budget-Conscious Buyers: Banner Dusk & Dawn Riflescope (Bushnell)
- Best for Newbie and Beginners: Slughunter BDC (Nikon)
- Best for Tough Terrains/Harsh Conditions: Slughunter BDC (Nikon)
- Best for Heavy-duty Demands: Slug Gun Scope (Burris)
Update your arsenal with the best slug gun scope to boost your performance and improve your target precision through browsing more slug gun scope reviews today. Check out other essentials such as the paddle holster, scope for ruger 10/22, and shooting mat.