Are you tired of using public shower facilities when camping? Do you find public camping showers dirty and unclean? Are you in the wilderness with no showering facilities available to you?
Well there is a solution for you! You can use your own personal shower tent. Shower tents are private, clean and easy to use. A shower tent is perfect if there is no showering ablution blocks at a campsite. A shower tent will allow you to soap up and stay fresh, without having to tramp around looking for the nearest river to bath in.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why use a shower tent
- 2 What type of tents are there?
- 3 Features to look for in your shower tent
- 4 Comparison Table for Shower Tent 2019
- 4.1 Enkeeo Portable Privacy Tent
- 4.2 Campla Portable Pop up Tent
- 4.3 Priced 2 Room Shower Tent
- 4.4 Rigid Pole Sturdy Construction
- 4.5 Shower with removable floor
- 4.6 Large Sized Single Shower Tent
- 4.7 Sturdy Tent
- 4.8 Lightweight with all the required features
- 4.9 Sturdy Two Room Tent with Solar Shower Included
- 5 List Shower Tent 2019 With Reviews
- 5.1 Shower Tent with removable floor: Texsport Instant Portable Outdoor Camping Shower
- 5.2 Large shower tent:KingCamp Oversize Outdoor Easy Up Portable Shower Privacy Shelter Tent
- 5.3 Privacy tent easy set up and sturdy construction: Lightspeed Outdoors Xtra Wide Quick Set Up Privacy Tent
- 5.4 Priced Two Room Shower Tent: Quicient 2-Room Pop-up Shower Tent
- 5.5 Sturdy Two Room Shower Tent: The Ozark Trail Instant 2-Room Shower/Changing Shelter
- 5.6 Lightweight shower tent that is packed full of features: Quictent 2-Room Pop Up Automatic Rod Bracket Shower Tent
Why use a shower tent
Shower tents offer you privacy from other campers. If you have a shower tent, then you no longer have to stay in places that offer showering facilities, you are free to go anywhere!
It really is lovely to be able to shower at the end of the day and sleep, clean, ready for your next adventure the following day.
It is also not recommended to bath in rivers or lakes, as your soap and shampoo ingredients can be harmful to the natural aquatic life.
What type of tents are there?
There are many designs of shower tent:
One design is the single space tents, where you can set up your portable hot water shower or solar shower.
There are also double ensuite style tents; these double tents allow you to shower in one side, and then walk through the middle and get dressed in the other side. It is nice to know that your towel and clothes are waiting for you in the other side of the tent where it is dry. No more running back to the caravan or tent in the cold with your towel wrapped around you! The double ensuite tent really does offer the ultimate privacy when you are on your camping trip.
So what portable shower tent is right for you? We have reviewed a number of options to help make the decision process easy. Here’s what you need to know.
Features to look for in your shower tent
- Pop up assembly: A pop-up shower tent is very easy to set up. The tent will open in seconds, as it unfolds it erects itself and then you only need to stake it into the ground to secure it. Packing it away again is a breeze, it collapses into a circular shape that is flat and easy for packing or storage.
- Rigid pole assembly: Using a rigid pole assembly might take you a few minutes to install, but it can be worth it! If there is a lot of wind or bad weather, the rigid pole shower tents are a better option. They can be sturdier and more durable when put through the elements or bad weather. Rigid poles can also take the weight of your solar shower bag more easily.
- Hooks or shelves: When you look at the features of your new tent, take into consideration whether it has inbuilt hooks to hang your shower device from. Ask yourself, ‘Are these hooks strong enough to take the weight of a 5 gallon solar shower bag?’.
- Mesh storage bags: Having a mesh storage bag is a helpful addition, a place where you can put your soap and shampoo, so that it doesn’t have to be left on the ground. Mesh storage bags are also helpful because your personal cleaning products will be in easy reach.
- Towel hangers: Some shower tents are even equipped with hanging rails, that you can access through zip openings. This is a great invention, a place where you can hang your towel to keep it dry, but it is within easy reach when you need it.
- Water capture tray for the floor of the tent: Some campgrounds do not allow shower run off. Therefore you need to assess whether a tray is right for you. The tray can be used to capture the water run-off, then it can be safely deposited elsewhere. This is a handy feature in some, but not all shower tents, so do your research.
- Mesh or Open bottom tent: Some tents are purposely designed with an open bottom so that water can escape easily. In this case you may want to have a rubber mat to stand on so the ground doesn’t become muddy. Many shower tents have an inbuilt tarp to stand on with mesh sides to allow water to drain away. This is a good feature to look for when purchasing a shower tent.
- Materials: Look at the materials used to make the shower tent. You would want your shower tent to made of a waterproof, durable polyester material. This is an item you will use repeatedly so look for quality materials when purchasing. Fibreglass or steel pole are a good option when looking at the frame construction.
- Size and shape: Most shower tents are a generous size width wise, that will easily accommodate a person without feeling cramped. The main thing to look at, is the shape of the shower tent. Many tents rise up and then become narrower closer to the top, forming a dome shape. This tapering off near the top can be annoying for taller people, as there may not be the head space needed.
- Weight: with any camping equipment it is important to check the weight of the item you are purchasing. In this article we will mention the weight of the shower tents, this is especially important if you are going to be hiking with it.
Comparison Table for Shower Tent 2019
|Top Selling||Get Now||Price||...................Fabric/Frame........................||Set Up/Style||Weight/ Height/Size|
|$||Waterproof 191-D nylon polyester|
Flexible rust-proof steel frame
|Instant pop-up||4.4 pound
75 x 47 x 47 inches
|$||Water-repellent taffeta 191-D nylon polyester |
Durable flexible steel frame
|Instant pop-up||4.4 pound
75 x 47 x 47 inches
|$$||100% Waterproof, Anti-UV silver-coated Oxford fabric|
Aluminum leg poles and fibreglass frame
|Pop-up design||11 pound
94L x 47W x 82H inches
|$$$||Durable polyester material with silver aluminum-coated walls for complete privacy.||Traditional tent set up||18 pound
84L x 42W x 84H inches
|$$$||Heavy Duty polyurethane coated taffeta|
Removable ripstop polyethylene floor
Rust-resistant steel pole frame
|Traditional tent set-up||20 pound
87 x 48 x 48 inches
|$$$||Waterproof Nylon Ripstop 190T|
|Poles, ropes and pegs||11 pound
85 × 66 × 66 inches
|Our Review||$$$$||Polyester 190T material with 800mm PU coating for rain resistance|
Durable PE floor
Thick upper fiberglass poles combined with thick lower telescoping steel poles
|Compression hub pop-up system||14.8 pound
80.7 x 61 x 61 inches
|$$$$||100% Waterproof, Anti-UV silver-coated Oxford fabric|
High strength aluminum leg pole and 9.5mm (Dia) fiberglass frame
|Automatic rod brackets for quick set up||11 pounds
94L x 47W x 81H inches
|$$$$$||Durable polyester material with silver aluminum-coated walls for complete privacy.|
|Pre-attached instant frame design||20 pounds
84L x 42W x 84H inches
List Shower Tent 2019 With Reviews
Shower Tent with removable floor: Texsport Instant Portable Outdoor Camping Shower
This tent has the handy feature of a removable floor. This makes it easy to clean inside. Let’s look at the positive points for this tent
The features include:
- Flame retardant material
- Large roof mesh vents for light and ventilation
- The tent is made with durable, water resistant taffeta
- The fabric has been specially coated in polyurethane
- The frame is made from rust-resistant steel for durability
- There is a large zippered D-shaped door for additional privacy
- The tent comes with a 5 gallon Sun Shower
- The tent takes a bit longer to erect than other ‘instant style’ tents
- This tent is heavy compared to other tents
Large shower tent:KingCamp Oversize Outdoor Easy Up Portable Shower Privacy Shelter Tent
The kingCamp shower tent really is the best option if you are looking for size and a good amount of height for taller people. There is ample room for one or two people inside.
The tent also comes with a range of desirable features, these include:
- The tent is a large size, both tall and wide
- The tent is sturdy, with fibreglass poles, ropes and pegs
- This tent is strong and can hold up to 20kgs/5 gallons of water – perfect for showering
- There are lots of pockets, both inside and out, to hold your toiletry items, clothes and towel
- There is good ventilation with two mesh windows. These windows can also be closed if more privacy is needed
- Mesh bottom for drainage, with an inbuilt middle pad to stand on, so your feet don’t get dirty
- It can take a little longer to set up than other tents
Privacy tent easy set up and sturdy construction: Lightspeed Outdoors Xtra Wide Quick Set Up Privacy Tent
The Lightspeed shower tent lives up to its name! It is easy to set up, it has cool compression hub technology making it a breeze to erect.
The tent is loaded with beneficial features, let’s take a look:
- Quick set up with compression hub and pre threaded telescoping poles
- The tent has a large dual zippered D-shaped door
- The tent is umbrella rated with a 800mm PU coating for wet weather
- The floor can be clipped up or down
- The tent includes a towel strap, amenities pockets, and shelf for solar shower
- There are two zippered mesh rooftop windows
- This is a large tall tent with plenty of headroom
- The tent is able to hold a 3 gallon solar shower bag
- An oversize carry bag is included to make it easier when packing the Privacy Tent
- This tent is only showerproof, not waterproof like other models
Priced Two Room Shower Tent: Quicient 2-Room Pop-up Shower Tent
The Quicient 2-Room Pop-up Shower Tent is a very good option if you are budget conscience.
The two room design means you can shower in one side and then easily walk through the middle internal door to get dressed once you have finished.
Other bonus features include:
- Waterproof polyester oxford fabric with anti-sheer silver lining for privacy
- Convenient hooks to hang your clothes and towel from
- Transportable and is quick and easy to put up and take down
- The tent is lightweight and strong
- Comes with a floor that you can stand on to avoid getting dirty feet
- The tent can struggle to stay upright in the wind
- Guy straps are inferior quality can sometimes break
- The instructions for set up and pack up are confusing
- There is no mesh flooring to allow drainage like other models
Sturdy Two Room Shower Tent: The Ozark Trail Instant 2-Room Shower/Changing Shelter
The Ozark Trail Instant 2-Room Shower/Changing Shelter is a well designed tent. It has the benefit of being easy to set up, with its innovative pre-attached instant frame, while also being sturdy. This tent has all the features you could wish for:
- This shower comes complete with a 5 gallon solar shower
- Two room design, so you can shower in one side and get dressed in the other
- Two mesh windows for natural light and ventilation
- There is a removable rainfly included
- Includes a towel rack and toiletries holder
- Tarp floor with mesh sides to allow water to drain away easily
- The tent is easily set up by one person
- There is no showerhead port for an external shower to be used
- This tent will struggle to hold all 5 gallons of water, try 2-3 gallons for best results
Lightweight shower tent that is packed full of features: Quictent 2-Room Pop Up Automatic Rod Bracket Shower Tent
The Quictent is a great choice if you are looking for an uncomplicated set-up. It is quick and easy to erect. The tent is sturdy and durable.
Some of the great features of this tent are:
- An opening for a shower hose to come in through the shower tent wall, unlike other tent models
- The shower tent is waterproof and is UV coated
- Comes with a 5 gallon solar shower bag
- Ventilation mesh roof for air circulation, plus a roof rain cover for bad weather
- The tent has storage pockets for your toiletries and clothes
- This shower tent has a tarp floor with mesh sides for easy water drainage, while keeping your feet clean
- Strong heavy duty fibreglass frame
- The tent does hold the 5 gallon solar water shower without dipping, like other models do
- The tent can be difficult to fold away into the bag once you have finished using it
- If it is really windy the tents performance can be jeopardised