Are you out shopping for the best shot timer? Then you know how difficult it is to make that one choice. Shot timers are essentials for novice and even veteran shooters. However, choosing the right device is still an issue for everyone, beginner and pro alike.
If you want to finally make a buying decision right here, right now, make sure you first go through our selection of the most trusted shot timers on the market.
Here are some vital features to look for in a shot timer:
- Data Recording
- Battery Life
- Quality and Durability
Table of Contents
- 1 Our Top 3 Picks for the Best Shot Timer
- 2 DISPLAY
- 3 DATA RECORDING
- 4 BATTERY LIFE
- 5 QUALITY and DURABILITY
- 6 COST
- 7 VERDICT
- 8 Related Posts:
Our Top 3 Picks for the Best Shot Timer
- Pocket Pro Timer II (CEI001)
- Pocket Pro II Timer (CEI4700)
- Pocket Pro (Shot Timer and Polish Cloth/Purchasecorner Bundle)
Check out our review for the best shot timer based on our identified criteria:
A shot timer is basically useless if you cannot conveniently see the data and information you need. Thus, the display feature of the device goes first in our list of criteria. As a basic training and combat fear, your shot timer provides the data through recording the time of your shots. It also gives you your start signal for the shooting session and other important information.
You need to have access to all these data without interruption and with easy, convenient view.
- Pocket Pro Timer II (CEI001): The shot timer model is one of the long lists of gadgets from trusted brand, Competition Electronics. There are 3 configurations of display for this unit which you can easily access and read from the bench or your belt. The blue unit comes with the same display which is the same with the green timer. Overall, the display is quite clear at night and even in direct sunlight.
- Pocket Pro II Timer (CEI4700): This model also comes with three different display configurations. However, it is relatively bigger and better compared to its CEI001 counterpart. The unit is attachable and portable, making it an ideal training gear.
- Pocket Pro (Shot Timer and Polish Cloth/Purchasecorner Bundle): The display type for this higher end shot timer model is in numeric segment. It boasts of a large display with a .5” tall measurement. If you are looking for readability even in the outdoors, this unit is worth its much pricier value.
Our Pick for Display: Pocket Pro (Shot Timer and Polish Cloth/Purchasecorner Bundle)
The best shot timer records the vital data you need to gauge your progress and skill. Thus, look for a product that guarantees satisfactory data recording and storage. Our top 3 selections for shot timers have the Competition Electronics technology that takes virtual notes of your target shooting skills, speed, and other training details.
- Pocket Pro Timer II (CEI001): This blue-colored unit allows data recording such as the time of your shooting speed. It gives you references for your progress. You can see how you can increase your shooting speed based on your accumulated record. Moreover, you need not clear out your shot record because it automatically clears the last string when you hit the start button, allowing you to save a new one.
- Pocket Pro II Timer (CEI4700): The intuitive shot timer received varying reviews for the data recording feature. There is no function that allows you to clear the previously recorded memory. You can reset the unit or remove the battery in order to get a new set of recording. The unit could stop recording shots after 10 minutes of inactivity, according to manufacturer’s note.
- Pocket Pro (Shot Timer and Polish Cloth/Purchasecorner Bundle): The 4-oz shot timer could review up to 50 shots whether in forward or reverse order. The recorded data is displayed where you can have direct review of the split times, shots, and shot number.
Our Pick for Data Recording: Pocket Pro (Shot Timer and Polish Cloth/Purchasecorner Bundle)
The shot timer is one of the hardest working gears in your arsenal. Thus, it is but important to make sure the battery life is equally longer lasting. How long the battery would last ultimately measures the efficiency and maximum potentials of the gadget. Which model in our list hits the mark for battery life efficiency?
- Pocket Pro Timer II (CEI001): There are some issues when it comes to battery consumption in this unit. The shot timer comes with a 9 volt alkaline battery. It is a relatively functioning unit but the battery potentially drains faster and could die down after 2 consecutive days of training.
- Pocket Pro II Timer (CEI4700): The 9 volt alkaline battery powers up the unit, allowing approximately 20 hours of use with easy replacement. Proper battery installation allows longer use even with heavy duty training and recording of data.
- Pocket Pro (Shot Timer and Polish Cloth/Purchasecorner Bundle): The battery life is not far from that of its more affordable counterpart. The 9 volt alkaline battery operates the unit with an estimate of 20 hours lifespan. The shot timer also comes with a low battery indicator so that you know when to charge or replace them.
Our Pick for Battery Life: Pocket Pro II Timer (CEI4700)
QUALITY and DURABILITY
Shot timers are judged based on their overall quality and durability. There is nothing safer than investing on a full function timer with numerous features to boost your training skills. On top of the battery lifespan, the unit must also withstand the harshest of conditions in the combat or training field. So what model in our selection makes the cut?
- Pocket Pro Timer II (CEI001): There are various designs in this unit that add to its quality and function. The shot timer comes with an adjustable sensitivity to maintain its use regardless of the weather conditions and demands. The fully functional timer features a random or instant delayed start buzzer, split, review, and standard display. However, there are issues in terms of its durability and susceptibility to breakage.
- Pocket Pro II Timer (CEI4700): Compared to other models, this is a more durable timer that comes with a belt clip. It boasts of a separately designed shot sensor and buzzer for optimal performance. The unit also features an intuitive menu and navigation.
- Pocket Pro (Shot Timer and Polish Cloth/Purchasecorner Bundle): The shot timer highlights the adjustable sensitivity with par time for second beep as indicator of your time limit. It also has a separate buzzer and shot sensor and instant/random selectable switch.
Our Pick for Quality and Durability: Pocket Pro II Timer (CEI4700)
There is a slight difference in terms of the pricing of our Competition Electronics shot timers. The Pocket Pro Timer II (CEI001) is the lowest while the Pocket Pro II timer (CEI4700) is in our mid-range list. Finally, the Pocket Pro (Shot timer and Polish Cloth/Purchasecorner Bundle) gets the highest price tag in the lot.
Our Pick for Cost: Pocket Pro Timer II (CEI001)
Choosing the best shot timer could become less challenging if you have the right guidelines in making a sound buying decision. Shop for other arsenal accessories such as powder measure, scope for marlin 336, and sks scope mount to complete your update.
- Best M1A Scope Mount Reviews: How Your Rifle Accessory Unleashes your Shooting Skills
- Best Powder Measure Reviews: What Will Make Reloading Extra Quick and Absolutely Right
- Best Scope for Marlin 336 Reviews: The Reason Why Is Absolutely Surprising
- Best SKS Scope Mount Reviews: Grab One When You See These Superior Features