If you want a much clearer sight when using your rifle then what you need is a scope. A scope is a kind of firearm accessory that aids someone when it comes to enhanced visibility and more definite target acquisition. So, no matter how far a particular target is, you can have the assurance that you will be able to shoot it precisely with the aid of a scope.
Now, you simply own a .308 rifle and you want a scope for it. Looking around the market, you will find a whole lot of choices – choices and selections that are very overwhelming and confusing at the same time. If you are looking for the best scopes for .308 rifles, this review s indeed something useful at your end. It contains important details and information about three of the best .308 rifle scopes on the market today. These three scopes are buzz-makers and they are highly recognized by many firearm enthusiasts today:
- Nikon P-308 4-12×40 Matte BDC800
- Nikon M-308 4-16x42mm Riflescope w/ BDC 800 Reticle
- Nikon M-308 SF 4-16x42mm Riflescope w/ Nikoplex Reticle
Picking the best one among these three also becomes easier with the following criteria: quality, price, durability, user-friendliness and performance.
Table of Contents
- 1 Quality
- 2 Price
- 3 Durability
- 4 User-Friendliness
- 5 Performance
- 6 Verdict
One of the most important things that you need to focus on when buying an accessory for your firearm is quality. Firearm accessories like a scope actually come in many different brand names. This means that every brand of accessory has different levels of quality to offer. Such is a thing that you need to be aware of when looking forward to buying a .308 riflescope.
- Nikon P-308 4-12×40 Matte BDC800. This riflescope is developed specifically for the trajectory of the 308 win 7.62 NATO round. It comes with 168 grain hpbt match bullet at 2680 feet per second. It also comes with multiple layers of anti-reflective compounds on each glass surface, providing vivid pictures and optimum light transmission.
- Nikon M-308 4-16x42mm Riflescope w/ BDC 800 Reticle. This comes with a large magnification range with an oversized lens for heavy caliber rifles. It features a quick eye focus eyepiece that allows instant target acquisition. It provides you with a long-range accuracy.
- Nikon M-308 SF 4-16x42mm Riflescope w/ Nikoplex Reticle. This riflescope comes with a large magnification range with oversized lens which is great for high caliber rifles. It allows fast and instant target acquisition.
—> Our Pick for Quality: Nikon M-308 SF 4-16x42mm Riflescope w/ Nikoplex Reticle
When looking for a firearm accessory such as a night sights for Glock 19 it is important that you should also consider its price. Firearm accessories tend to be costly in most cases so it is very important to have knowledge and understanding about the price tag of each item. Here are the price details of each of the .308 riflescopes we have on our list:
- Nikon P-308 4-12×40 Matte BDC800. This riflescope happens to be the cheapest among the three choices on this list. It costs more than two hundred bucks, such a good pick for a high quality and reliable riflescope.
- Nikon M-308 4-16x42mm Riflescope w/ BDC 800 Reticle. This is in the middle of the two other choices we have on this list. It costs more than three hundred bucks, still a very good kind of riflescope that will definitely enhance your recreational firing and hunting activities.
- Nikon M-308 SF 4-16x42mm Riflescope w/ Nikoplex Reticle. Another riflescope from Nikon and can prove itself to be one of the best scopes for .308 rifles. With unmatched features and good qualities, this proves to be the most expensive with price tag that costs more than four hundred bucks.
—> Our Pick for Price: Nikon P-308 4-12×40 Matte BDC800
When buying firearm accessories like a laser bore sighter it is important to consider its durability in the first place. This is important because the more durable a particular product is the more reliable it is for the years to come. Here are some pieces of information that tell you about how strong and durable each of our riflescopes is:
- Nikon P-308 4-12×40 Matte BDC800. This riflescope from Nikon is made from the finest materials so you can be assured of high quality and durability. It’s made to last for many, many years to come at a price that won’t break your budget.
- Nikon M-308 4-16x42mm Riflescope w/ BDC 800 Reticle. This is another proud product of Nikon, made from high quality materials that will ensure longevity. It is also tagged as shockproof, waterproof and fogproof so you can use it in all conditions.
- Nikon M-308 SF 4-16x42mm Riflescope w/ Nikoplex Reticle. Being the most expensive on our list, this riflescope exudes a high level of durability aside from the fact that it is also shockproof, waterproof and fogproof.
—> Our Pick for Durability: Nikon M-308 SF 4-16x42mm Riflescope w/ Nikoplex Reticle
Your scope may be high in quality, affordable and durable but is it user-friendly? Such is something that you should consider when looking for the best scopes for .308 rifles. Find out how user-friendly each of the riflescopes we have here on our list:
- Nikon P-308 4-12×40 Matte BDC800. Like all Nikon products, this riflescope offers user-friendliness that you can always count on. It has functionalities and controls that are easy to perform, allowing you a breezier way of shooting even the farthest target.
- Nikon M-308 4-16x42mm Riflescope w/ BDC 800 Reticle. User-friendliness is never a question when it comes to Nikon scopes. This means that using this riflescope will not give you headaches due to mechanisms and functionalities that are too hard to understand.
- Nikon M-308 SF 4-16x42mm Riflescope w/ Nikoplex Reticle. Another proud product of Nikon, this riflescope is indeed user-friendly with its controls and functionalities that are easy to do and understand. As far as user-friendliness, you simply can’t go wrong with this.
—> Our Pick for User-Friendliness: Nikon M-308 SF 4-16x42mm Riflescope w/ Nikoplex Reticle
So, how dies your riflescope perform? If you got one in the past and now you are looking forward to buying a new one this time it is important to consider one that has a good level of performance.
- Nikon P-308 4-12×40 Matte BDC800. This riflescope works with a 168-grain hpbt bullet at 2680 feet per second, provides bright and vivid pictures as well as optimum light transmission from dusk to dawn.
- Nikon M-308 4-16x42mm Riflescope w/ BDC 800 Reticle. This riflescope works effectively with its long-range shooting accuracy, bright and fully multi-coated optical system, instant target acquisition, a large magnification range and an oversized lens that’s great for heavy caliber rifles.
- Nikon M-308 SF 4-16x42mm Riflescope w/ Nikoplex Reticle. This riflescope also comes with a bright and fully multi-coated optical system, quick focus eyepiece for instant target acquisition, a large magnification range, oversized lens for top and heavy caliber rifles.
—> Our Pick for Performance: Nikon M-308 4-16x42mm Riflescope w/ BDC 800 Reticle
Basing from the scores obtained by each of the riflescope we have on our list, it is obvious to note that the Nikon M-308 SF 4-16x42mm Riflescope w/ Nikoplex Reticle garnered the highest score so far, making it as the best pick for your regular hunting and recreational shooting with your ever loyal .308 rifle.