When it comes to power the .50 BMG has a lot to offer thereby requiring the need to make use of a strong and powerful scope for it as well. And when we talk about .50 BMG we are actually referring to huge and hulking firearms which are only known to reach their full strength and potential when a good and reliable scope is used. So, what are the things that you need to consider when you intend to look for best scope for .50 BMG ?
Table of Contents
- 1 Top 3 Best Scope for .50 BMG Reviews – Comparison Chart
- 2 Complexity
- 3 Precision
- 4 Durability
- 5 Cost
- 6 Related Posts:
Top 3 Best Scope for .50 BMG Reviews – Comparison Chart
|Picture||Name||Our Rating||Price||Get Product|
|Burris Fullfield II Ballistic Plex Riflescope||4.9||$$|
|Millet Illuminated Side Focus Tactical Riflescope||4.8||$$|
|Vortex Viper PST FFP Riflescope.||4.7||$$|
First, the scope should be tough enough and should come with a glass-etched reticle on top of any type of wire. It is also important that the scope should be of a one-piece tube type as it is expected to take the recoil’s brunt and can be easily hit by some nasty and unwanted torque. Good scopes render easy user interface and easy to zero as well so these are things that you should consider too when looking for a good and reliable scope for your .50 BMG
To help you simplify your search we have made it possible to go ahead and explored the current market where tons of scopes are found. From our exploration we have come up with three which are now subjected for review and comparison. Picking the best one among these three also becomes much easier for you as we will be dealing with each one of them according to their complexity, precision, durability and cost. Our three best scopes for .50 BMG are as follows:
- Burris Fullfield II Ballistic Plex Riflescope
- Millet Illuminated Side Focus Tactical Riflescope
- Vortex Viper PST FFP Riflescope
- Burris Fullfield II Ballistic Plex Riflescope. This scope comes with only one piece main tube and an eyepiece. It is known to be very forgiving for eye positions, much shorter and much lighter when compared with other scopes out there. Its eyepiece and magnification ring are made into a single solid unit that requires only two seals instead of three. Changing magnification is easily done by way of moving the eyepiece adjustment options have also been moved to enhance mounting options. Its European style eyepiece does not need locking mechanism.
- Millet Illuminated Side Focus Tactical Riflescope. This scope from Millet is ideal for a long-range hunter, target shooter or tactical operator. It lends itself to provide superior brightness and an outstanding repeatable accuracy. It is something that’s built for marksmen who are called to something bigger. It is massively built with a single piece 35mm tube and 56mm objective. If you need something bigger than usual then this is an excellent pick for you especially when you want a scope that can give you a wider field of view.
- Vortex Viper PST FFP Riflescope. This nice-looking scope comes with individual knobs for the reticle and target objective plus parallax adjustment to infinity. Illumination is shown at its brightest which is a way more than enough to be used on a clear and bright day. It has all the knurled adjustments and all other options which are deemed important during a hunt or a shooting activity. The crisp reticle that renders great illumination is also a big bonus.
Our Pick for Complexity: Burris Fullfield II Ballistic Plex Riflescope
- Burris Fullfield II Ballistic Plex Riflescope. This scope is forgiving for your eye positions and its magnification and eyepiece you can expect to shoot your target with a great deal of accuracy and precision. It has envied steel on steel adjustment system and multi-coatings on each single air to glass lens surface, allowing you to see your target with much clarity as you aim.
- Millet Illuminated Side Focus Tactical Riflescope. This scope allows you to achieve a great deal of precision through its huge 56mm objective that allows you to enjoy a wider field of view and brighter, clearer image. It also comes with a massive and super strong 35mm tube that improves resolution and reliability. It also features positive ¼ MOA click adjustments for windage and elevation to help you find and aim at your target without the hassle.
- Vortex Viper PST FFP Riflescope. This scope’s reticle is in the first focal plane, making it as a superior choice for long-range and tactical shooting. Its reticle is etched into the glass and can be easily used with optional illumination. It makes use of a proprietary coating that renders perfect all-around performance in terms of light transmission, clarity, accuracy and precision.
Our Pick for Precision: Millet Illuminated Side Focus Tactical Riflescope
- Burris Fullfield II Ballistic Plex Riflescope. This scope is made with the best quality materials and has been tested for complete quality and reliability. It’s a one-piece tube construction that also comes with reinforced quad-seal gas seals and multi-coated lenses. It is highly resistant to certain kinds of elements such as water, fog and shock. Burris Fullfield II Ballistic Plex Riflescope is covered under warranty for life.
- Millet Illuminated Side Focus Tactical Riflescope. This scope is made for marksmen who demand topnotch performance and quality to take on the big guns. Obviously, this scope is something you can trust as far as durability is concerned.
- Vortex Viper PST FFP Riflescope. Made from high quality materials, this scope from Vortex is also backed by a warranty which is an unlimited, lifetime and forever warranty – no questions asked. Definitely, this scope isn’t a cheap type of optic but a valuable investment in terms of quality and durability.
Our Pick for Durability: Vortex Viper PST FFP Riflescope
- Burris Fullfield II Ballistic Plex Riflescope. Among the three scopes on this list, this scope from Burris happens to have the lowest price mark. You can get it at a price of just below two hundred and fifty bucks.
- Millet Illuminated Side Focus Tactical Riflescope. This scope from Millet stays between Burris Fullfield and Vortex Viper when it comes to price. Tagged with a price that’s less than four hundred and seventy bucks, Millet Illuminated Side Focus Tactical Riflescope is definitely a good pick especially when you are willing to spend more for a good and reliable scope for your .50 BMG.
- Vortex Viper PST FFP Riflescope. This is in fact the costliest among the three scopes on this list. But the price won’t matter to you especially when you want something that’s made with a great deal of characteristics that you may not find from inferior and low-end scopes out there today.
Our Pick for Cost: Burris Fullfield II Ballistic Plex Riflescope
So, we already come to the point of assessing which among the three scopes on the list won the race for the best scope for .50 BMG. Burris Fullfield II Ballistic Plex Riflescope scored higher in terms of complexity and cost so we declare it as the winner. On the other hand, the two contenders also played well in the game as they also scored high in terms of precision and durability respectively. As such, we can come to the point of realization that even when Burris’ scope emerged as the best one, you can still have the freedom to pick any of these three simply because we names them as the best .50 BMG scopes on the market today.