The .30-30 round is a really dependable and probably one of the most sought after cartridges in the market. And since it has been around for hundreds of years, it has proven its worth to millions of hunters and even to the members of the police and military. It is, in fact, really reliable for both short and medium range hunting. So gun and hunting enthusiasts can definitely find this really easy to use and become familiar with.
And although it’s a really popular round, there are only two guns that make use of it, the Winchester 94 and the Marlin 336. And if you have one of these, you surely will find that having the best scopes for .30-30 would be really helpful in making the most of out of your rounds. With the help of a really good optic or scope, you will be able to see short-range distances without any light distortions.
5 Best scopes for .30-30 – Comparison Chart
|Picture||Name||Our Rating||Price||Get Product|
|Leupold 110816 VX-2 Rifle Scope||4.9||$$|
|Weaver K4 4X38 Riflescope||4.8||$$|
|Simmons 8-Point Truplex Reticle Riflescope||4.7||$$|
Table of Contents
A very good scope should be durable and can withstand harsh weather and even sudden drops, bumps and even strong gun recoils. And while these are all important factors to consider, it is definitely important for you to also carefully study the following factors to better assist you in choosing the right one for your rifle.
- Optical Power
- Lens Size
We scoped out different brands and models to find which one is the best in the market. We have tested them and reviewed their performance as well to really give you all the important details that can make your scope scouting experience pleasant and stress-free.
- Weaver K4 4X38 Riflescope – this is definitely a scope that professionals would want to use. With 4x magnification and a 38-mm objective lens, precision, ease of use and an enjoyable hunt will always be part of your experience. The lenses are completely multi-coated to ensure clarity with every view. The Weaver K4’s lenses are made with utmost care and based on the highest, international scope and glass standards.
- Leupold 110816 VX-2 Rifle Scope – when it comes to optical power, the Leupold Rifle Scope is definitely the one that is worth your time and money. With an actual magnification of 6x to about 18x zoom, your view will always be clear, crisp and bright. Because of its accuracy, it is not surprising to know that this is one of the best scopes in the market. In fact, this is a great precision scope for experienced hunting and shooting competitions. The Multi-coat 4 lens coatings can really adjust to the light and the view will always be clear and clean. They are adjustable which will not only make you like an expert, even if you are still new at shooting or hunting.
- Simmons 8-Point Truplex Reticle Riflescope – the optics are fully coated and will always make sure that you will see bright and really clear images. The Simmons 8-Point offers a 3x to 9x magnification. Its QTA eyepiece is user friendly and guarantees a really accurate and easy sight.
Our Pick for the Best in Optical Power: Leupold 110816 VX-2 Rifle Scope
- Leupold 110816 VX-2 Rifle Scope – aside from the wide-variable zoom features, the Leupold’s reticle showcases a lockable focus feature that will make you spot your target easily. Its objective lens will allow you to make parallax adjustments to suit the range that you need. It also sports a ¼ MOA-style target that allows you to adjust windage, as well as elevation. Now, if you want a wider range or coverage, you will also find this scope useful because you can adjust its objective lens with markers ranging from 50 yards to even as far as 500 yards. It also has a tactical power indicator that allows you to make adjustments without the need to take your eyes off the scope.
- Simmons 8-Point Truplex Reticle Riflescope – the Simmons 8-Pouint Riflescope has a reticle that allows you to make all the necessary adjustments to ensure that you will always have your eye on the prize. It has a field view of 31.4 feet at 100 yards and 10.5 feet view at 100 yards using your 9x zoom or magnification. It also sports a ¼ MOA SureGrip that gives you an effortless elevation and windage adjustments in just a click. You can also rely on this scope for accurate target acquisition even during the harshest of winds and rains.
- Weaver K4 4X38 Riflescope – the Dual-X reticle of the Weaver K4 is sharp and sports a duplex design that allows ease of use and measurements even in really intense and extreme lighting conditions. It actually provides a field-view of 23 feet at a range of 100 yards. Making adjustments is also a breeze to do because in just a few turns of the knob (about ¼”) you will have a solid and really clear view of your target at 100 yards. You can also easily gauge and lock your elevation and windage.
Our Pick for the Best in Reticles: Weaver K4 4X38 Riflescope
- Simmons 8-Point Truplex Reticle Riflescope – designed and really built to last, the Simmons 8-Point is waterproof, fog proof and completely recoil proof. This means that the lens will never budge even if you drop your gun or bang it against a really hard surface. It offers precision even it is light and shorter than the Leupold. It weighs about 13.2 ounces which is light enough for it not to cause any hindrance in carrying your loaded rifle. The eyepiece, however, has tendency to not retract or extend from the scope, which can be a bit of a set-back because you will need to have the entire scope replaced; but other than that, this rifle scope is worth your consideration.
- Weaver K4 4X38 Riflescope – the Weaver K4 is not the longest nor the shortest scope in the market. At 11 and a half inches, it’s just the right size for your rifle. It is not that heavy either, weighing just 9.9 ounces. The actual scope is made of high-grade aluminum like most models and is known to be really durable and dependable.
- Leupold 110816 VX-2 Rifle Scope – the Leupold VX-2 Rifle Scope is longer than the Weaver but it’s with a purpose. It’s 13.5 inches in length and weighs about 16 ounces, which isn’t too heavy either. It also comes with a rugged construction that is durable and waterproof too.
Our pick for the Best in Len Size: Weaver K4 4X38 Riflescope
Surely, there are a lot of scopes designed for .30-30 rounds or rifles out there, but not all of them are designed to deliver the best results. But out of the three brands and models of rifle scopes that we have tested and reviewed, we really enjoyed using the Leupold 110816 VX-2 Rifle Scope the most. It’s high-magnification features and its durability really convinced us that it is one of the top scopes in the market. In fact, we also found a large number of people who are convinced that it is one of the best scopes for .30-30 rounds they have ever used. Now, if you are looking for something lighter, shorter and offers a magnification of more than 10x, you can always rely on what the Weaver K4 4X38 Riflescope has to offer. It is also durable and really user-friendly even for beginners.