While I was doing my research for the best reloading dies I discovered that such products come with different brand names, names that are a way popular and names that I’ve never heard of until now. The research went on until I came across three distinct brands with names and characteristics that caught my attention.
What is your experience with certain brands of dies? As for me, I want good and reliable dies – something that I can set as they will stay fixed and set and don’t wear out and cause critical issues after a year or two. Now if you intend to buy a new one because you are not satisfied or contented with your existing dies then it is important to take note of the following four criteria that you should use when comparing one die after another.
3 Best Reloading Dies 2022 – Comparison Chart
We have made it possible to gather all the potential choices on the market and here we are going to review and compare three that made it to the top in terms of customer reviews and popularity. These reloading dies are:
|RCBS 3-Die Carbide Set||4.8||$$|
|RCBS .300 AAC Blackout Full Length Size Die Set||4.9||$$|
|RCBS FL Die Set (.300 Win Mag)||4.7||$$|
Our comparisons also become much easier with the following criteria: complexity, precision, durability and cost.
- RCBS 3-Die Carbide Set. These full length sizer dies are made for bottleneck cases and usually have vents so as to prevent the damage of the cases. They are precisely drilled and reamed to the same exacting standards as the finest gun mechanisms.
- RCBS .300 AAC Blackout Full Length Size Die Set. This is considered as top of the line ammunition dies, making them as a great addition to your gunsmithing workshop. These are also made for bottleneck cases and they also come with vents so as to prevent the cases from being damaged. Also, these dies are made and precisely drilled to similar exacting standards as the finest gun mechanisms.
- RCBS FL Die Set (.300 Win Mag). Like the two other options, these dies also come with full length size so they are perfect for bottleneck cases. They have vents that help prevent damages to the cases too. The only difference is that they are made to be large with easy to adjust hex lock rings with the aid of hex head set screws.
Our Pick for Complexity: RCBS 3-Die Carbide Set
- RCBS 3-Die Carbide Set. When it comes to precision, RCBS 3-Die Carbide Set is something that you can rely on. This set contains Group B reloading dies. Each die is precision-drilled and reamed to the same standards that are exact as the finest gun mechanisms. They are properly hardened and well-polished as well to ensure flawless and precise reloading of your gun.
- RCBS .300 AAC Blackout Full Length Size Die Set. These dies are made from case-hardened steel and are classified as Group D dies. They are full-length-sized dies which are designed for bottleneck cases that have also vents that protect the cases from getting damaged. Like the first set of dies we have on this list, these dies are also precision-drilled and are also reamed to similar exacting standards as the best gun mechanisms.
- RCBS FL Die Set (.300 Win Mag). These are Group A reloading dies that are made from case-hardened steel. These are also full-length-sized and precision-drilled and reamed to exude exacting standards.
Our Pick for Precision: RCBS .300 AAC Blackout Full Length Size Die Set
- RCBS 3-Die Carbide Set. Durability is considered as one of the most important things that you need to look out for when looking forward to buying reloading dies. Dies usually come in different grade groups. These dies are made from case-hardened steel and are properly hardened and well-polished as well. Categorically, RCBS 3-Die Carbide belongs to the Group B dies.
- RCBS .300 AAC Blackout Full Length Size Die Set. These dies are made of case-hardened steel and are also properly hardened and hand polished. These dies belong to the Group D category which is known to be more reliable in terms of quality, resilience and durability. Thus, these dies are expected to last a longer period of time, longer than the life of those that belong to lower categories.
- RCBS FL Die Set (.300 Win Mag). Like the two other choices we have here on our list, these dies are also properly hardened and hand polished as well as made from case hardened steel. In addition, RCBS FL Die Set (.300 Win Mag) belongs to Group A category.
Our Pick for Durability: RCBS .300 AAC Blackout Full Length Size Die Set
- RCBS 3-Die Carbide Set. If cost is something that you are looking at when buying something then this proves to be very important too when you are buying dies for your reloading mechanisms. Our three choices on this list vary from one another not only in terms of complexity, precision and durability but in price as well. RCBS 3-Die Carbide Set stays in the middle of the two other options as far as price is concerned. Tagged with a price that’s lower than 45 bucks, this set of dies makes an excellent and affordable pick for you.
- RCBS .300 AAC Blackout Full Length Size Die Set. Like what has been said a while back, price is something that needs to be highly considered when looking for something that you intend to buy. When looking for a set of dies to buy, RCBS .300 AAC Blackout Full Length Size Die Set happens to be an excellent choice simply because of its essential attributes and characteristics. Tagged with a price that’s less than fifty five bucks, this may prove to be the most expensive on our list. However, its price is not actually too far from our first option above.
- RCBS FL Die Set (.300 Win Mag). Compared to the two other options we have on our list, it is obvious to note that this is considered the most affordable. Tagged with a price of less than thirty two bucks, this proves to be the best pick for everyone out there who is looking for reloading dies that are not of good quality only but highly affordable as well. If you want to save much on buying dies or you are currently on a tight budget but are looking forward to buying dies that you can rely on, this set of dies from RCBS is an excellent pick for you.
Our Pick for Price: RCBS FL Die Set (.300 Win Mag)
Our pick for Durability: RCBS .300 AAC Blackout Full Length Size Die Set
So, what have you found out being the best reloading dies? Basing from the four criteria that we used, the RCBS .300 AAC Blackout Full Length Size Die Set emerged as the best among the three options that we have here on our list. However, the other two options, the RCBS 3-Die Carbide Set and RCBS FL Die Set (.300 Win Mag) also performed well and both also exuded characteristics and attributes that you may not be able to find in other low-end and inferior reloading dies out there. With the RCBS .300 AAC Blackout Full Length Size Die Set, you can have something that works precisely and easily to meet your needs. And at a price that’s truly affordable, you can’t go wrong buying it to enhance your reloading requirements and needs.