The idea of buying the best hunting fanny packs is to guarantee that your hands are always free when you’re out hunting in the wilderness. Fanny packs, since they aren’t as large as regular hunting back packs, offer the convenience of not carrying heaving lumps of canvass on your back, which can sometimes hinder movement. While they are smaller and more compact, do not think that these bags won’t be able to help provide storage spaces for your gears and other hunting tools.
The best types of hunting fanny packs have waterproof pockets and bays for your gears. The pockets are easy to access, with just an arm’s reach. Even the best out of the many hunting fanny packs in the market would have to carry water bottles, additional ammunitions, bullets, baits and tools – this is why are way above the traditional and the simply made fanny packs. They are made with heavy duty materials and the straps that can withstand harsh weather conditions and sudden yanks, pulls and snags.
Table of Contents
- 3 Best Hunting Fanny Packs 2019 – Comparison Chart
- Pockets or Compartments
- Fit and Adjustability
- Design and Materials
- Related Video: Description of my hunting fanny pack
- Related Posts:
3 Best Hunting Fanny Packs 2019 – Comparison Chart
- Best Deer Attractant: A Detailed Review To Help You Make The Best Choice
- Best Lighted Nock: Buying Guide and Reviews (2019)
- Best Crossbow Target for Broadheads: Reviews and Guide (2019)
- How to Pick the Best 18650 Flashlights for Everyday Use
|Badlands Camouflage Monster Fanny Hunting||4.9||$$|
|ALPS Outdoor Z Pathfinder Hunting Pack||4.7||$$|
|ALPS Outdoor Z Hunting Brushed Realtree||4.6||$$|
Now, in order to find the best ones out there, there are several qualities that meticulous hunters like yourself need to consider.
- Pockets or Compartments
- Fit and Adjustability
- Design and Materials
We have managed to track down 3 of the best ones by means of in-depth research and reviews. The following hunting fanny packs will help any modern hunter or hunting enthusiast find the most suitable one for their hunting needs.
Pockets or Compartments
- Badlands Camouflage Monster Fanny Hunting – with 6 pockets and 2 integrated fold-down workstation compartments, the Monster Fanny definitely lives up to the expectations of having enough space for your tools and gears. For hunters who are always on the go, the pockets are large enough for extra ammos, baits, tools, ropes and small traps. The pockets are symmetrically placed and are constructed and sewn with utmost precision. The zippers are also made with high grade materials that would allow you to unzip the pockets, reach for a tool that you need and zip them back up with very little, if not zero, resistance.
- ALPS Outdoor Z Pathfinder Hunting Pack – have you ever seen a fanny pack that converts into a day pack to offer more room or compartments for your gear and even your meat? Well, the ALPS Outdoor Z Pathfinder Hunting Pack gives you all these and more. As a fanny pack, it has 6 but really spacious pockets, 2 side-pockets, 1 main pack, 1 small one in the front, and a day-pack compartment. It may seem ordinary but when you start adjusting the straps, you will have the option to transform your fanny pack into a large day-pack for larger hauls. This gives you an additional 1100 cubic inches of space! You can also strap on accessory pockets such as Binocular Pocket, Turkey Call Pockets, Camera Pockets – giving you more room to place your hunting gear when you are out in the woods.
- ALPS Outdoor Z Hunting Brushed Realtree –if you are looking for a fanny pack that can hold a great deal of your gear for those really big hunting trips, then ALPS Outdoor Z Hunting Brushed Realtree is definitely worth your consideration. It has 2 side pockets, 1 front pocket and a large expandable day-pack. On its own, the fanny pack has about 800 cubic inches of space, but expanded, the day-pack offers about 1,800 cubic inches of compartmental space. It is also compatible with extra specialized pockets for your binoculars, gear and traps.
Our 1st for Best Pockets/Compartments: ALPS Outdoor Z Pathfinder Hunting Pack
Our 2nd for Best Pockets/Compartments: ALPS Outdoor Z Hunting Brushed Realtree
Fit and Adjustability
- ALPS Outdoor Z Hunting Brushed Realtree – the straps can easily be adjusted to suit your shoulders and waist. The waist belt is padded not just for comfort but also as an added support and protection especially if you are carrying heavier loads. The ALPS Outdoor Z Hunting Brushed Tree’s waist belt can easily be removed and adjusted to ensure ease of movement.
- Badlands Camouflage Monster Fanny Hunting – Badlands Monster Fanny Hunting is definitely built to ensure that a hunter of any built will have more mobility and comfort. The shoulder straps are not adjustable but also removable. It’s flexible enough to frame against your back and shoulders well. The straps can also be adjusted to suit the weight of the load that you are carrying.
- ALPS Outdoor Z Pathfinder Hunting Pack – carrying heavy loads would not be a problem when you have the ALPS Pathfinder Hunting Pack. The straps are not just made to support your waist, but also your back. It distributes the weight evenly, regardless of your gait or your stance. You can adjust the shoulder harness to suit the load that you are carrying, no matter how heavy or light it is. The additional lashing straps offer more than support but also extra room for your accessory pockets.
Our 1st Pick for the Best Fit and Adjustability: ALPS Outdoor Z Pathfinder Hunting Pack
Our 2nd Pick for the Best Fit and Adjustability: Badlands Camouflage Monster Fanny Hunting
Design and Materials
- ALPS Outdoor Z Pathfinder Hunting Pack – This versatile hunting fanny pack is ergonomically designed to suit both the novice and the experienced hunter’s needs. The Pathfinder Hunting Pack has a specially designed carrying system that gives you the option to hang up your meat, compound bows, arrows and extra ammunitions. Aside from being a 2 in one hunting pack, it is also just the right size for regular and even those big hunting trips. This means that you do not need to have an extra-large fanny or day pack when you will only be gone for a day. At the same time, it gives you just the right amount of room for all your gears, equipment, bows, ammos and even meat while keeping your hands free to hunt. Another great thing about this is that the compartments are padded and waterproof!
- ALPS Outdoor Z Hunting Brushed Realtree – the Hunting Brushed Realtree Fanny Pack is made of topnotch waterproof fabric that lets water simply glide off your pack. This comes with a brushed realtree design that allows better camouflage features, so you won’t have to worry about your gear sticking out of the brushed, noticeable by your targets.
- Badlands Camouflage Monster Fanny Hunting – The Badlands Monster Fanny is probably one of the favorites when it comes to design and materials. It is designed to carry about 1 liter of water which can keep you hydrated for longer periods. It is easy to clean, waterproof and can hold a lot of items that you need while you are on a hunting trip. While it is not designed as a convertible day-pack, it’s pocket on pocket design also offers room for your tools, gear, small traps and baits as well. The manufacturers have so much faith in this model that also comes with an unconditional lifetime warranty!
Our Pick for Best Design and Materials: ALPS Outdoor Z Pathfinder Hunting Pack
Runner Up: Badlands Camouflage Monster Fanny Hunting
Based on all three qualities and specifications, there is no doubt that the ALPS Outdoor Z Pathfinder Hunting Pack is our stand-out pick. It’s features such as its expandable compartments to make your instant day-pack, it’s body framing straps and heavy duty capabilities made us choose this as the clear winner out of the 3 of the best ones that we have scouted. Now, if you do not feel like using larger packs, Badlands Camouflage Monster Fanny Hunting comes in clear second. So now that you have your options, it’s time to make that choice, in time for the next hunting season.