There are so many reasons why you should invest in the best gun safe under 2000. While safety will always be our topmost reason, owning a gun safe will also help protect your rights as a gun owner, keep your children away from your firearms and at the same time prevent burglars from taking them, in cases of home invasions. Insurance companies and even lawyers will also consider gun safes as something that can legally protect you.
So for these reasons and more, you definitely should consider having your very own gun safe at home. and because it is important for you to find the best one for your home or office, we encourage you to take a look at certain factors that can help you decide.
Table of Contents
- 5 Best Gun Safe Under $2000 – Comparison Chart
- Final Thoughts
- Related Posts:
5 Best Gun Safe Under $2000 – Comparison Chart
- The Best Holsters for Glock 43 Reviews: 2019 Top Picks
- How To Find The Best Gun Safe For Your Home
- How To Choose The Best Flip Up Sights For AR15? 2019 Reviews
- How To Choose The Best Rigger’s Belts? 2019 Reviews
We used these criteria to find out which 3 gun safe models and brands we can recommend for you to check out and possibly purchase.
- Steelwater Heavy Duty 20 Long Gun Fire Protection for 45 Minutes
- Mesa Safe MBF6032E 14 Cubic Foot 30 Rifle Gun Safe with Digital Lock
- Blue Dot Safes Second Amendment Fire-Resistant Gun Safe
Let’s all take a closer look at each brand and model based on the criteria that we have provided. This way, we can help you choose which one suits your needs and budget.
It is a fact that gun safes are known to be really pricey, but apart from how much it is, what you need is to make sure that you are getting your money’s worth. For the meantime, let’s check out each brand and see if this meets your budget.
- Steelwater Heavy Duty 20 Long Gun Fire Protection for 45 Minutes – if you are looking for a gun safe that us reliable and sturdy, Steelwater’s gun safe is one that is worth looking into. It is, in fact, the most affordable brand and model out of all three on our list. For those who are on a budget, this is definitely the brand that you can consider.
- Mesa Safe MBF6032E 14 Cubic Foot 30 Rifle Gun Safe with Digital Lock – Mesa Safe places itself in the middle when it comes to price. For those who would like to start with a good quality gun safe at an average price or rate, then this is certainly one that is worth looking into.
- Blue Dot Safes Second Amendment Fire-Resistant Gun Safe – out of the top three on this list, Blue Dot Safes will work best for those who are not too concerned about how much they are going to spend.
—> Our top choice for Price: Steelwater Heavy Duty 20 Long Gun Fire Protection for 45 Minutes
- Mesa Safe MBF6032E 14 Cubic Foot 30 Rifle Gun Safe with Digital Lock – the entire safe is constructed using top notch steel. Each panel, from top to bottom is enclosed with a fire resistant coating or material to make sure that your firearms are safe from intense heat.
- Blue Dot Safes Second Amendment Fire-Resistant Gun Safe – the all steel safe is also coated with a fire resistant material. Even the nuts and bolts are also made of high grade steel that will make sure that your safe is locked into place.
- Steelwater Heavy Duty 20 Long Gun Fire Protection for 45 Minutes – from the actual safe down to its nuts and bolts, you can be sure that this safe is made of high grade steel.
—> Our top choice for Materials: Mesa Safe MBF6032E 14 Cubic Foot 30 Rifle Gun Safe with Digital Lock
Gun safes would not be of any use if they are easily damaged. It is important that we look at how long they will last, especially during fires or if they can withstand prying, drilling and other methods that could damage the safe and expose your guns.
- Blue Dot Safes Second Amendment Fire-Resistant Gun Safe – this model is surely one of our favorites when it comes to durability. Imagine the safe being set on fire, with your guns inside. 1700 degrees F of intense heat would have melted most low-grade safes and containers; the Blue Dot safe will stay intact even if subjected to fire for 1 hour. The locks and even the exteriors are hard plated to make sure that drills, chisels and saws won’t cause any damage.
- Steelwater Heavy Duty 20 Long Gun Fire Protection for 45 Minutes – the steel used to make these safes are built to withstand heat for up to 1550 degrees F. It has a factory certified 45-minute fire protection capabilities. This time frame is shorter compared the Blue Dot or the Mesa Safe.
- Mesa Safe MBF6032E 14 Cubic Foot 30 Rifle Gun Safe with Digital Lock – with a 1-hour fire protection guarantee and a heat resistance of up to about 1750 to 1800 degrees F. the Mesa Safe, by far, has the highest in ratings. The dead bolts are built to prevent robbers and intruders from removing the doors or relocating the safe. The thick steel exteriors are also built to keep anyone to forcibly drill and pry open the safe. You can also be sure that even after sudden and violent drops, the safe will stay intact. In fact, it has been drop tested and it survived a fall of as high as a two-story building.
—> Our top choice for Durability: Mesa Safe MBF6032E 14 Cubic Foot 30 Rifle Gun Safe with Digital Lock
Runner up: Blue Dot Safes Second Amendment Fire-Resistant Gun Safe
A gun safe’s overall design can say a lot about how well it will perform its tasks – and that is to keep your
- Steelwater Heavy Duty 20 Long Gun Fire Protection for 45 Minutes – it is designed with a capacity of about 12 to 20 long guns. The door is 4 and ¾ inch thick, which means that you can be sure that the safe will not be easily pried or drilled open. It also has an activate smoke detector that helps the door expand to seal the doors against fire and water. The safe also have gear drives that keeps intruders from drilling and punching as well. It’s electronic system works using a double sided bypass key to further protect the safe. The best part about this safe is that it is 8X drill-proof compared to other brands. As for the interiors, they are well upholstered. The shelves however are not adjustable and can only be placed at the right side of the safe. You can also bolt the safe on the floor or wall, because it comes with bolt –down holes. What we also like about this model is that it comes with a dehumidifier that locks the moisture out to protect your guns.
- Mesa Safe MBF6032E 14 Cubic Foot 30 Rifle Gun Safe with Digital Lock – the safe is hard plated to keep people from drilling through its walls. The shelves are also upholstered to avoid scratches and slippage. You can actually adjust the shelves to accommodate both hand guns and long guns. The safe is also powered by an internal power strip to make sure that burglars and intruders will not be able to pry your safe open.
- Blue Dot Safes Second Amendment Fire-Resistant Gun Safe – the Blue Dot safe has more gun capacity compared to the Mesa and Steelwater models. It has shelves for extra guns and other gun related equipment on the backside of the door. It has an elegant scratch proof powder-coat finish and the interiors are also lined with a layer of carpet. It also has a two way locking system – gear based and electronic locking system. The safe comes with a bolting feature that allows you to bolt the safe on the floor or wall. The steel is also hard plated to prevent drilling, punching and prying. But if you do not own a lot of ammos, then you may want to rethink your decision of getting this since this is on the pricier end.
—> Our top choice for Design: Steelwater Heavy Duty 20 Long Gun Fire Protection for 45 Minutes
Runner Up: Mesa Safe MBF6032E 14 Cubic Foot 30 Rifle Gun Safe with Digital Lock
We have to admit that owning fire arms can be a big responsibility. Not only will you need to be vigilant about keeping them away from your children, robbers and intruders; but you also need to make sure that they are cared for, properly maintained and keep in a really safe place. Gun safes are definitely the best solution for these gun-related concerns.
So after reviewing these 3 brands and models, we find that the Steelwater Heavy Duty 20 Long Gun Fire Protection for 45 Minutes can be considered as one of your top choices under the category of best gun safe under 2000. This safe meets the demands of budget conscious gun-owners who would still want to keep their ammos safe and well protected.