Table of Contents
- 1 What is a Ground Blind Chair?
- 2 What will you doing with a Ground Blind Chair?
- 3 Why should you choose a Ground Blind Chair instead of a normal chair?
- 4 What are the popular brands of Ground Blind Chair?
- 5 What is the common price of a ground blind chair?
- 6 Is every chair easy to carry?
- 7 What are the main factors to choose the best ground blind chair?
- 8 What Are Top 5 Best Ground Blind Chair Reviews 2018
- 9 Maintaining and keeping Ground Blind Chair in good condition
- 10 Conclusion
What is a Ground Blind Chair?
Ground Blind Chair is an indispensable hunting accessory that provides the necessary level of comfort and stealth while waiting for long hours in ground blinds. As the name suggests, a ground blind chair is basically a comfortable and quiet seat that helps a hunter sit and turn around effortlessly while hunting in a ground blind.
|Picture||Name||Our Rating||Price||Get Product|
|Primos Double Bull Tri Stool||4.5*||$||
|Redneck Blinds Portable Hunting Chair||4.5*||$$||
|Benchmaster Sniper Seat 360 Shooting Chair||4*||$$$||
|ALPS OutdoorZ Stealth Hunter Blind Chair||4.5*||$$$||
|Millennium Treestands G100 Blind Chair||4.5*||$$$$||
|Guide Gear Swivel Hunting Chair Black||4*||out of stock||
What will you doing with a Ground Blind Chair?
Stealth and speed are the critical factors that decide the success of your hunting. Most of the hunting accessories provide suitable camouflage that helps you to remain undetectable. However, your hunting trip will never be successful if your movement and your equipment’s noise betray your position. A ground blind chair helps you to move comfortably yet silently during the entire hunting session.
Why should you choose a Ground Blind Chair instead of a normal chair?
A ground blind poses unique challenges to hunters. Firstly, hunting from a ground blind is quite difficult as compared to hunting from tree stands. When hunting in a ground blind, a hunter will be required to sit while taking aim and shooting at the game. Without a proper seat, the hunter will have to crouch, rotate and lean and all these movements affect the accuracy. Secondly, the range of motion is limited in a ground blind and it is not possible to rotate quickly while hunting. Moreover, the hunting chair must provide the right balance and position on any type of terrain. Clearly, an ordinary chair will not serve the purpose and hence a different type of chair is needed for offering camouflage, accuracy, and comfort.
What are the popular brands of Ground Blind Chair?
Almost all the commercially available ground blind chairs are silent, comfortable and adjustable. All the major brands that manufacture hunting equipment and accessories sell ground blind chairs as well. However, the more reputable brands that are known to offer high-quality ground blind chairs are:
- Redneck Outdoors
- Millennium Outdoors
- Guide Gear
- ALPS OutdoorZ
- Primos Hunting
What is the common price of a ground blind chair?
Most of the heavy duty chairs are costly and have a cost more than $100. Low-priced chairs are priced around $30 and mid-priced chairs are available in a price range of $60 to $80.
Is every chair easy to carry?
A light chair with foldable legs can be carried conveniently from one location to another. The portability largely depends on the chair’s body framework. Blind chairs with a steel framework are usually bulky.
What are the main factors to choose the best ground blind chair?
Every brand is unique and the following factors need to be considered while buying a ground blind chair:
- Height: Height is a crucial factor while selecting the right ground blind chair. It is inconvenient to get up from the chair and take position whenever the prey comes within the shooting range. Adjustable chairs help to set the height in such a way that the hunter is not required to change position every now and then.
- Weight: Weight of the hunting chair is another important factor that affects your hunting experience. It is desirable to have a blind chair that is lightweight and which can be comfortably carried along with other hunting gear. Ideally, a low-weight ground blind chair weighs about 7 pounds while a heavy duty ground blind chair weighs about 17 pounds.
- Comfort: Hunters are often required to sit for long hours before the prey comes within the range. Comfort level is of prime importance to those hunters who are suffering from medical ailments or lower back pain. Cushioned seats and backs need to be checked to determine the level of comfort offered by the chair.
- Durability: A ground blind chair must be robust and able to withstand huge weights. Typically, strong chairs come with an aluminum framework and curved seats. The maximum load capacity as to be considered while selecting a ground blind chair.
- Portability: The hunting chair must have straps that enable the hunter to carry along with the hunting back pack.
- Ease of Setup: The blind chair must be very easy to setup as hunting will be mostly done on uneven terrain or soft grounds. Legs of the chairs must be easily adjustable and they must be adjusted independently of each other.
- Budget Friendliness: Ground blind chairs come in high-price range, mid-price range, and low-price range. Benefits offered by the chair must be compared with the price tag while making the purchase decision.
- Odors and perfumes: Animals are extremely sensitive to smell and so any odor coming out of the blind chair is bound to alert the prey. Hence, it is important to select non-perfume ground blind chairs.
- Waterproofing: Every blind chair will have metal parts that need protection from rust. Selecting a blind chair with waterproofing ensures durability and guarantees protection while hunting during the monsoons.
What Are Top 5 Best Ground Blind Chair Reviews 2018
Redneck Outdoors Portable Hunting Chair
Benchmaster Sniper Seat 360 Shooting Chair
Millennium Treestands G100 Blind Chair
Guide Gear Swivel Hunting Chair Black
ALPS OutdoorZ Stealth Hunter Blind Chair
Primos Double Bull Tri Stool
Maintaining and keeping Ground Blind Chair in good condition
Maintaining a ground blind chair is of key importance. Following are the tips for maintaining a blind chair:
- Periodically check the swivel’s bolt screws, knobs and the chair’s fasteners
- Apply grease or anti-rust solution to the exposed threads around the knobs
- Check the swivel to check whether the bearings are falling out or damaged
- Swivel shaft must be changed if a smooth rotational movement is not obtained
- It is necessary to oil metal parts to prevent noises from distracting the prey.
- Regularly check whether the chair’s legs are providing a proper balance or not.
Hunting is one of the most refreshing outdoor activities whose success depends on camouflage, speed and accuracy. A robust ground blind chair proves to be a valuable asset in any hunting exhibition as it enables hunters to meet all the success factors. Every hunter has different requirements and hence a variety of ground blind chairs are available to choose from. This article has discussed six popular blind chair brands that offer unique benefits to hunters. Moreover, it serves as a reference guide for amateur as well seasoned hunters to make an informed decision while purchasing a ground blind chair.