Every experienced fisherman knows that a good fishing line is one of the most important factors as it determines the amount of fish one can get. The process of choosing a perfect fishing line and the best spincast reel may be a hard task for everyone. However, the best lines currently available in the market in terms of quality reliability and endurance are possibly the fluorocarbon fishing lines. This is because the fluorocarbon technology applies the latest and the most advanced organic chemistry knowledge.
Moreover, fluorocarbon materials are used for various reasons, as they have several benefits due to their structure. The structure contains tightly packed molecules that offer the required weight and density that suits the production of good fishing lines. The advantages of this material have made fluorocarbon lines the best available choice in the world of fishing for professional sportsmen. Here are the five best fluorocarbon fishing lines currently present in the market:
Table of Contents
Kastking Fluorocarbon Fishing Line
- The 4 Best Pool Filter 2019 – Just Sand Filter enough for Pool?
- The 5 Best Pool Pump: 2019 Top Picks and Buying Guide
- Best Pool Cover Pump 2019 – Manual or Automatic Pool Cover Pump?
- Best Surf Rod: Guideline and Reviews (2019)
This fluorocarbon line is made using high-quality fluorocarbon materials available and the most advanced Japanese organic chemistry engineering and technology. Besides, Kastking fluorocarbon line has a lower diameter/strength ratio that makes it stronger than the multifilament or thicker nylon mono lines. This allows you to increase the catch rate, especially in clear waters as it has the solid hook set but poor visibility. Moreover, this fluorocarbon line has a low stretch that makes it extremely sensitive enabling the angler to better sense the bite and therefore respond quickly.
The density of the fluorocarbon material allows the line to sink quickly to even deeper parts than the other competitive lines. This special feature enables the angler to fish in areas that are difficult to fish such as areas of docks, wood, rocks, pilings and submerged areas. Furthermore, Kastking comes with 218-yard rolls and a test line between 6lb and 30lb.
- Good quality for the price
- It has low memory and therefore a good cast ability
- Has good abrasion resistance
- Serves across several applications from handheld fishing with single rod to multiple-line trolling
- Stiffens from salt water
- Color tends to bleed
Seaguar Fluoro Premier Fluorocarbon Leader
Seaguar is another top manufacturer that offers several models of fluorocarbon fishing lines such as the Seaguar Premier and Blue label each as either 25 or 50 yards. Seaguar Premier has up to 42% better knot strength than other competitive fluorocarbon lines.
The material of this fishing line is 100% fluorocarbon with a production technology that has brought a low memory fluorocarbon line that is extremely soft.
Seaguar provides different fishing models with diameters from 0.009” to 0.031” making it ideal for both smaller and bigger prey catch. The 25 yards long is the most desirable line roll than the 50 yards. Moreover, Seagur Fluoro Premier Line offers better manageability, but such quality costs much higher.
- Has good abrasion resistance
- It is strong, durable and reliable
- Has a thin diameter and therefore it is virtually invisible
- Has 30% stronger knot strength, therefore it is not prone to tangling
- Employs DSF or double stranded Fluorocarbon technology for better sinking and strength
- Allows increased sensitivity
- It is relatively expensive
- Some customers claim that it is too stiff especially when being used on the mainland
P-Line Floroclear Bulk Spool Clear Fishing Line
This fishing line has a quality coating that makes it virtually invisible giving the anglers an added advantage. This is because it offers a highly stealth presentation that clearly guarantees more strikes and hookups.
P-Line Floroclear is not purely made of one component but a combination of copolymer features and fluorocarbon technology. This offers a perfect quality line that suits the tastes of every professional fisherman as it contains the most desired features.
This fishing line allows low absorption of water even though it is not entirely of 100% fluorocarbon. This allows a much greater knot strength, durability and the casting distance. Besides, P-Line Fluorocarbon line offers a thinner diameter of up to 30% as compared to other competitive lines. This fishing line does not cause frustrations such as loops and tangle making it the best stealth fishing line.
- Has reduced memory and stiffness of the entire line
- Has undergone silicone treatment for reinforcement
- Virtually invisible as its refractive index is closer to that of water
- Comes with up to 3,000 yards rolls for a single purchase
- Comes with a wide variety of colors
- Some customers complain of its memory as it is significantly smaller as compared to other fishing lines
- It is not ideal for leader due to its reduced memory
Berkley Vanish Fluorocarbon Leader Material Wheels
This is the best fishing line choice if you intend to get a strong, reliable and durable fluorocarbon line. Berkely Vanish Fluorocarbon is also easy to cast making it one of the most popular fishing lines in the U.S.A and Canada. Moreover, this line is the latest in the series of Berkley Vanish that was introduced a decade ago. With the most advanced technology, the fishing line offers 20% strength more than other competitive lines.
Berkley Vanish Fluorocarbon Leader Material Wheels has a superior strength that is ideal for any weather condition as it maintains strength and abrasion resistance in the water. The 25-yard roll is the most desirable choice for most anglers as it has a test line of 40lb and an average diameter of 0.024”.
- Offers three times strength for a better catch as compared to monofilament lines
- Super thin diameter making it virtually invisible
- Has a good abrasion resistance
- Offers more long-term efficiency
- Made of pure Fluorocarbon material
- Relatively flexible as compared to other fluorocarbon brands
- Some customers claim that it requires you to exert a lot of effort as it is very stiff for casting
- Its strands do not stay together due to a manufacturing defect
Spiderwire Ultracast Fluorobraid Superline
Spiderwire Ultracast Fluorobraid Superline offers a combination of two modern fishing properties that include cast and sinking ability. Moreover, this fishing line is made of a combination of Dyneema fiber and Gore fluorocarbon that offers a greater line profile between the fish and the angler.
The technology used on this line offers an ultimate sensitivity and faster hook set that combines the benefits of the two included braids. This makes it ideal for power casting such as crank baits, soft baits pitching during the windy days as well as heavy cover making the line get into the water faster enough.
Spiderwire Ultracast Fluorocarbon-braid Superline is perfect for fishing in deeper waters as it comes with a line length of between 125 to 1,500 yards and break strength from 10lb to 80lb. This makes it ideal for group fishing for both smaller prey and big fish.
- Slides nicely through glides
- Durable and virtually invisible
- Has ideal color that blends with the surrounding
- Color fades easily
- Relatively expensive
In conclusion, choosing a quality and reliable fluorocarbon line is not an easy task. This is because you have to consider several factors such as the visibility, sensitivity, abrasion resistance, price and tensile strength. Moreover, the quality and the manufacturing technology also matters despite the material of fluorocarbon fishing line being similar. Hence the benefits of fluorocarbons differ depending from company to company due to these factors.
Fluorocarbon provides a better manageability, invisibility, toughness and easy handling to both professionals and amateurs. It will certainly save you a lot of money in the end. Therefore, you can make a wise choice by considering all the factors mentioned in this review.