|Picture||Name||Our Rating||Price||Get Product|
|S&W M&P Shield 9/40 IWB Holster||4.8||$|
|The Ultimate Suede Leather IWB Holster||4.7||$|
|Concealment Express KYDEX IWB Gun Holster||4.6||$|
Table of Contents
- 1 Why Move Around With A S&W Shield?
- 2 Concealed Carry Holsters For The Smith & Wesson Shield
- 3 Guide To Selecting The Best Holster
- 4 Top 3 Best Concealed Carry Holster For S&W Shield Reviews On The Market
- 5 Conclusion
Why Move Around With A S&W Shield?
The S&W Shield is among the most popular compact handguns that are used for concealed carry. The sleek design that was given to it not only makes it easy to use, but it also makes it possible to get a quick and accurate target acquisition in every size and shape of concealed carriers.
The Smith and Wesson S&W series is used all around the world for concealed carry, military personnel as well as law enforcement. The shield perfectly matches the already established function and the reliability of the M&P compact version with the needs and desires of concealed carry handguns. It can be regarded as a single stack version of the M&P Compact.
Some of its great features are its smooth lines, the crisp trigger, and the stock sights which are highly visible. Acquisition of a target does not pose any problem with the way the layouts are sighted. The use of less pronounced controls was also employed in the design of the gun with a slimmer slide stop as well as a thumb safety which makes holstering and unholstering much easier and also reduces the opportunity of hang ups and snags.
Concealed Carry Holsters For The Smith & Wesson Shield
A lot of the S&W shield users agrees to the fact that the best way that you can carry the gun is making use of an IWB or keeping it in the waistband holster. It makes it seem like it was perfectly made for the concealed carry. The holsters are made on a durable backing which is made of cowhide or horsehide (whichever choice you prefer). A Kydex sheath which is durable is first cut into size and them molded all around the exact model of your gun. The retention is retention here is made through a small indentation which is in the Kydex which covers the trigger guard. The resistance to curling or warping of the Kydex makes it a perfect holster material. The leather backing here makes it comfortable for use by users and also gives it flexibility. The use of the two materials gives you the exclusive opportunity to enjoy the best of both worlds.
Guide To Selecting The Best Holster
There are some things that you should look out for when selecting your holster for S&W Shield. Some of these are discussed below.
- The quality of the holster: What material is used in producing the holster? What quality is leather used for the production of the holster? How heavy are the Kydex and the leather? Will the materials used in the construction of the holster be able to withstand your use, wear and tear? You should also try to know if it will be appropriate for your use without affecting the mechanical function and the performance of the gun. Its thickness and durability are equally important to know how long it will last. Is there a skin guard or sweat shield? Is the company that produces it reputable or not? What sort of warranty do they have on it? You should also try to consider the weight and bulk. Is it designed to protect the gun and also enhance the withdrawal of the gun?
- Comfort: How comfortable is it to make use of the holster while standing in different physical positions; sitting, walking, twisting, and bending? Can it be used while driving? Can you make use of it for a long time without you even feeling it on you? The general comfort with the use of the holster should be considered when choosing one.
- Concealment: Does it easily carry out its purpose for the effective concealed carry purpose? How good is it at concealing the handgun while going through every-day body motions such as bending, sitting, standing, twisting and the likes? Does it come with an angle and cant adjustment so as to provide a better comfort and concealment?
- Fit and Adaptability: Is it flexible enough for use with different types of handguns or with a laser sight or light? That is, how versatile is the holster? Most holsters are made to fit just one particular brand of gun, does it come with additional fixes which allow it to perfectly adapt to other handguns? Can the holster can’t be adjusted? Can the handgun be gripped securely without the interference of the holster parts?
- Safety: The level of safety provided by the holster while inserting or removing the handgun from the holster. There should be protection that will:
- Prevent the accidental disengagement of the safety mechanism of the gun;
- Prevent the trigger from accidentally discharging;
- Prevent both forward and backward movement of the hammer;
Top 3 Best Concealed Carry Holster For S&W Shield Reviews On The Market
S&W M&P Shield 9/40 IWB Holster
This holster is a perfect fit for the M&P Shield 9mm or 40 cals. However, M&P 9c or 40c cannot fit into it. It is specially designed so as to be kept inside the waistband for concealed carry. Unlike in most Kydex holsters, where they are mold straight into the shape of the gun, which includes the safety and slide release, this holster is created for a smother draw and re-holster. This will help to reduce the amount of wear caused by your gun due to holsters.
Boltaron thermoplastic is used in the production of this holster which is quite similar to Kydex. This material is abrasion and chemical resistant, which makes it durable.
- Easy to withdraw
The Ultimate Suede Leather IWB Holster
This holster gives you the classic American craftsmanship that combines function, durability, and comfort. It is specially cut from the real USA suede leather. It is the ultimate concealed carry holster that is kept inside the waistband. Maximum protection is guaranteed with its use. It is designed for the optimum concealment as well as for easy access when needed urgently.
- Made of genuine leather
Concealment Express KYDEX IWB Gun Holster
This is made of 08i KYDEX that is just thick enough so as to maintain the rigid structural integrity of the holster for its lifetime. It has a light weight of just about 3oz. and is designed to be worn inside the waistband. It is designed with the comfort of the user at heart, with a carrying angle that is adjustable between 0 and 15 degrees to allow the holster to be used in almost any position.
- Light weight (about 3oz.)
- Lifetime warranty
Reviewing some of the top three best conceal carry holster for S&W Shield, the ultimate suede leather IWB holster balances the need for comfort, safety, and perfect design. It is made of some of the best quality leathers in the United States and provides optimum comfort to its user. The material used for the holster also ensures its durability, which means you do not need to worry about replacement for a long time.
Finding the best concealed carry holster for s&w shield that suits your need just require you to spend some time in finding the right one. There is always the perfect one for every individual and handgun out there.
>> READ MORE: