BDUs, also known as battle dress uniforms, are quite popular not just with military men in combat but also others who are into outdoor activities such as hunting and target shooting. Imagine if you’re not fully geared for your outdoor adventures especially without the best BDU pants that keep you protected and comfortable, not to mention camouflaged for the occasion. Thus, when planning to upgrade your arsenal, make sure your wardrobe is included, specifically for a battle dress uniform to gear you up from head to toe.
Choosing among today’s BDU pants is a daunting and confusing task because you certainly have overflowing choices, to begin with. We know the struggle to find which pair of pants should be on your wishlist or cart for checkout. Before you research different models and brands, take note of some of the most important things to look for when buying the best BDU pants:
- Value for Money
- Comfort and Flexibility
3 Best BDU Pants – Comparison Chart
|Picture||Name||Our Rating||Price||Get Product|
|Urban Tactical Pants Cargo Style (HELIKON-TEX)||4.9||$$|
|24-7 Tactical Pants (TRU-SPEC)||4.7||$|
|TacLite Pro Pant 74273 (5.11)||4.9||$|
Table of Contents
- 1 3 Best BDU Pants – Comparison Chart
- 2 Value for Money
- 3 Comfort and Flexibility
- 4 Durability
- 5 FINAL THOUGHT
- 6 Related Video: Rothco BDU Pants Review Tactical and Practical
- 7 Related Posts:
The criteria for a great pair of battle dress uniform pants serve as your guideline in narrowing down your choices. Our top 3 selection of BDU pants with different designs and features are the highest rated on the market, offering you the best deal for your wardrobe update:
- Urban Tactical Pants Cargo Style (HELIKON-TEX)
- 24-7 Tactical Pants (TRU-SPEC)
- TacLite Pro Pant 74273 (5.11)
Let’s start our review and closely check each of the different BDU pants in our list, based on our enlisted criteria, helping you make a lucrative and sound investment…
Value for Money
One of the most important things to consider when buying BDU pants is the cost. Check the price tag and see if the pair is worth every dollar you spend or that you need to look elsewhere for a better option. The good news is that you have plenty of choices with different price ranges from the most affordable to mid-range to more expensive pairs. Our list will show you which is at the lower end of the scale, which one is the priciest, and which combines both quality and affordability.
- TacLite Pro Pant 74273 (5.11). This pair from 5.11 is the most affordable in our selection but nonetheless one of the most sought-after and highly rated on the market. The collection comes in varied color schemes from beige to dark navy to green and khaki. It is a well-engineered polyester and cotton tactical pant that offers remarkable features for outdoor use and combat.
- 24-7 Tactical Pants (TRU-SPEC). The mid-range tactical pant is also a great value for your money and like the TacLite Pro Pant 74273 model, it comes in a wide variety of colors including black, brown, and white with polyester and cotton fabric blends. The tactical pant is likewise a highly recommended pair among actual users and customers who shared their insights and reviews online. The best deal for your money, the pair of pants features reinforced knee and other innovative designs that make it stylish and long-lasting.
- Urban Tactical Pants Cargo Style (HELIKON-TEX). Unlike the TacLite Pro Pant 74273 and 24-7 Tactical Pants models, this pair from HELIKON-TEX is significantly pricier. If you can shell out extra cash for a high-quality pair, this option is best for you. The urban cargo style military pants are made for rugged comfort with a blend of polyester, cotton, and spandex materials, offering the ultimate comfort and style. It’s worth your money, given the innovative designs it features.
—> Our Top Choice for Value for Money: TacLite Pro Pant 74273 (5.11)
Comfort and Flexibility
Any pants, whether it is in BDU nature or ordinary trousers and pairs, should have the comfort and flexibility that keeps you in tip top shape and condition, all the time. Outdoor activities and combats are quite demanding scenarios that require a special pair of pants made from high-quality materials and innovative construction for top-notch results.
- Urban Tactical Pants Cargo Style (HELIKON-TEX). Equipped with a comfort fit waist, the ripstop pants are made more adjustable and flexible through the stretchable waistband which also offers responsive wear features. It is an ideal fit whether for daily use or when on or off duty. The lightweight cotton, spandex, and polyester blend of materials add to the comfort level as the pair are likewise breathable, making it a remarkable exercise pant.
- TacLite Pro Pant 74273 (5.11). The comfort features of this pro pant include the fully gusseted crotch, action waistband, and double reinforced knees and seat designed to give remarkable mobility whether you run, crawl, kneel, and hustle your work demands. Unlike the Urban Tactical Pants Cargo Style model, this polyester and cotton pair doesn’t have a spandex blend but instead of Teflon fabric treatment which could have mixed feedback among users, others loving it while others finding it less comfortable.
- 24-7 Tactical Pants (TRU-SPEC). Just like the TacLite Pro Pant 74273 pants, this pair is also made from cotton and polyester fabric materials. The comfort fit slider waistband is a different design which is not the same as that of the stretchable waist for the Urban Tactical Pants Cargo Style. The pair comes with various designs to make it more flexible and usable including the 2 cargo pockets with loop and hook closure, the bellowed sided gussets, and the separate dual magazine compartments located at the interiors of the cargo pants.
—> Our Top Choice for Comfort and Flexibility: 24-7 Tactical Pants (TRU-SPEC)
The best way to gauge the quality of a BDU pant is through testing its durability and ability to last for years despite the harsh outdoor conditions and demands. The materials and overall construction of the best BDU pants are influential components of durability.
- 24-7 Tactical Pants (TRU-SPEC). The polyester and cotton pair has reinforced knee design with a knee pad opening but unfortunately, knee pads are not included in the package. Although it has multiple storage compartments, no other features are highlighted to confirm the pant’s durability.
- Urban Tactical Pants Cargo Style (HELIKON-TEX). Rugged durability is one of the top specs of this pair with crafted polyester, cotton, and spandex, the latter is not present in the 24-7 Tactical Pants. It is also climate resilient to withstand different outdoor climates and rigorous activities.
- TacLite Pro Pant 74273 (5.11). Same as the 24-7 Tactical Pants and Urban Tactical Pants Cargo Style pairs, the pants are also made from polyester and cotton. The difference is the Teflon treatment that makes it resistant to stains, soil, and spills with triple-stitch reinforcement.
—> Our 1st Choice for Durability: TacLite Pro Pant 74273 (5.11)
—> Our 2nd Choice for Durability: Urban Tactical Pants Cargo Style (HELIKON-TEX)
The best BDU pants complete your getup for outdoor activities, combats, and daily wear. There is no cookie-cutter way to point out what exactly is the best among different BDU pant models and designs today because different users have varied unique priorities and preferences.
Based on the reviews of our top 3 BDU pant selection, we highly recommend TacLite Pro Pant 74273 (5.11). The pair is undoubtedly a remarkable choice simply because it is an affordable and high-quality pant for your battle dress uniform collection. It scored higher in Affordability and Durability, two criteria that are of utmost importance when choosing a top-notch BDU piece.