It is important to do a proper research and read reviews before purchasing high end, compatible and sturdy rifle mounts. Most of the mounts are two or one piece constructions with two sets of rings that are mounted firmly on the rifle. If you are confused, this guide prepared by experts will help you find the best AR scope mount. The mounts are individually tested and tried by experts along with pros and cons of the products. This makes the task easy and convenient.
|Picture||Name||Our Rating||Price||Get Product|
|Riflescope Picatinny Mount for Nikon P-Series||4.5||$|
|AR ArmourTac Rifle Scope Mount MNT 1516 from CCOP||4.4||$|
|AR Armour Tac Rifle Scope Mount Rings from CCOP||4.5||$|
Table of Contents
- 1 Features to Consider Before Purchasing the Scope Mount
- 2 What makes an AR mount Scope Good?
- 3 Top 3 Best AR Scope Mount Reviews On The Market 2018
- 4 Conclusion
Features to Consider Before Purchasing the Scope Mount
There are certain features that you must consider before purchasing the scope mount. There are unique features for each AR mount but these specifics are something one must consider.
- Construction – The construction of the mount is an important aspect to consider and lighter the mount, better it is for use. The mounts are available both in one and two piece construction. The ones made from aluminum alloy are light in weight. The construction must be compact, lightweight and convenient.
- Size and Position – The mounts which are low and small are best ones for AR rifle. The mounts which are quickly detachable from rifle are considered to be the best ones. The rifle must have back up iron sights which help in getting pair of sights that mounts low along with a mount that is tall enough.
- Durability – The durability of the scope mount is very important and it must be compatible with Piccatinny tails and various rifle mount size. The job of the scope mount is to hold the rifle to the scope with consistence and precision which requires it to be durable.
What makes an AR mount Scope Good?
There are certain things or features in a mount scope that makes it good and favorable for use. Most of the AR15 scope mounts are equipped with either 30mm or one inch tube which is mounted on the rifle for maintaining precision and accuracy. The one piece construction of the scope mount makes it better as there is no manual adjustment of ring location required and can be installed as one single unit.
There are some scope mounts which have two piece ring assembly construction which requires the user to adjustment the scope and placement of ring. The installation in such case requires use of screwdriver. The reason why AR mount scope are good because they help in holding the rifle in precise position and enable accurate long distance shooting.
Top 3 Best AR Scope Mount Reviews On The Market 2018
Riflescope Picatinny Mount for Nikon P-Series
The Nikon two piece mount from its P-Series is strongly constructed and is made up of all black alloys. It enables proper mounting at a particular height and positions the mount comfortably. They are considered to work great with AR15 rifles and are flat top Picatinny rails and rifle scope with two once inch tube.
It enables setting up of the mount at proper height at eye relief position and forward position for charging handle access. The mounts are extremely flexible as they are reversible in nature. The rings are easy to install, light weighted and fit regular sized scopes.
- The construction is made strong and durable with alloy making the overall scope light weight.
- Enables proper height adjustment that give appropriate eye relief and ease of charging handle access while changing position.
- It fits Picatinny rails and riflescope have tube of one inch diameter
- Extremely flexible with reversible two piece mount construction
- Light weight, easy to install and easily fit compact regular size scope
- The installation slide at times can be slightly inconvenient
- Mounting of the scope for accuracy of view at times is difficult
AR ArmourTac Rifle Scope Mount MNT 1516 from CCOP
It is one piece sturdy construction framed and made by tested aluminum alloy. The scope is compatible with Picatinny rail and with help of few screws can be easily installed in any 30 mm rifle scope. It is a high profile scope mount which is tested appropriately for performance.
It has an extension of 2” forward. The 30 mm mount is extremely durable and absolute value for money. The scope mount is solid structure which is inclusive of proper screws and tools and makes perfect fit for AR15 rifles.
- The scopes are lightweight, durable, compact and strong composed of aluminum alloy.
- It is compatible with 30mm rifle scope and fits well around it.
- It includes 2” of forward extension and is extremely high profile scope.
- The scope is tested prior for its performance and usage.
- It is included with screws and driver for installation purpose.
- It fits any Piccatinny rail providing high profile to rifle.
- It adds half a pound of weight to overall weight of the scope mount.
- Installation may become loose with times and require extra attention.
AR Armour Tac Rifle Scope Mount Rings from CCOP
The rifle scope mount rings are high profile and fits easily the 1-inch rifle scope. The construction is durable and strong made of aluminum alloy which has been rigorously tested before actual use. The scope rings fits the Piccatinny rail and is compatible with wide range of mounts.
It is a single piece construction mount and inclusive of Mil-Spec Picatinny rails. The installation of the scope mount is very easy and can be done with help of Torx screws and drivers. It has 2’’ of forward extension.
- It is rugged, sturdy and light weight made of aluminum alloy for lasting performance.
- It is one piece construction with its compatibility for 1 inch rifle scope.
- It fits Picatinny rail and with this it is compatible for universal mounting.
- Installation of the scope mount is easy with help of Torx screws and drivers.
- It has 2” of forward extension.
- The mounting of the scope on the rifle is very smooth and secured allowing sturdy set-up.
- Half a pound of weight is added to the overall weight of the scope.
- Installation of the scope may become loose over time and mount may not remain effectively sturdy.
The scope mounts for theAR15 rifle is an important accessory and gear which helps in maintaining precision and accuracy while targeting the shoot at long distance. The scopes are available as one or two piece construction and depending on one’s convenience user can buy either. The durability is an important aspect considering the mount along with compatibility with Picatinny tail.
It is a daunting task to find the best AR scope mount because there are many different options in the market. Not all the scope mounts are good in quality and are good value for the money. The guide is to help you choose the right kind of scope mount after reading the comprehensive reviews with pros and cons of the top three products. The mounts have been used, tested and tried personally by shooting experts and found it very effective.
Do not buy mounts without complete information and reading the reviews about the same. This guide is a must read for beginners as well as someone looking for AR15 scope mounts.
>> READ MORE: