>> READ MORE: Best Belly Band Holster Reviews
I was in a dire need of a comfortable upgrade since I have to carry my glock around and the last holster I had was becoming too uncomfortable for me, especially since I sweat a lot, the holster made my belly itch all the time. I complained about it to my friend who earnestly talked about this new belly holster from AlphaBrace that everybody in the gun community went absolutely bonkers about in terms of comfort and dimensions. That is when I bought the AlphaHolster and we’ve since been inseparable.
The belly holster is professional-grade with an ambidextrous design, which means it is perfect for left hand and right hand shooters. But the best thing about the belly holster for me was the fact that it is designed to be water resistant, so not only is it waterproof, but it works perfectly well for me since I sweat a lot. The gun holster is manufactured using high-quality light materials, which makes the product more breathable, which in-turn means that it will never accumulate excessive body heat and/or perspiration whenever in use.
Secondly, the belly holster is ventilated with an elastic design that allows me to comfortably and quickly secure my handgun without putting a single scratch on it. And this really does mean a lot because now I don’t have to worry about the value of my gun plummeting as a result of holster damage.
The gun holster tactfully, safely and discreetly tucks away your concealed weapon, keeping it close to your body, hidden under your clothes. It is really surprising how well it remains concealed when you wear a shirt or a t-shirt; there is no bulge at all. Whenever I am walking around wearing the holster, I sometimes forget that I am wearing it. I am going to give it an A+ for durability and price.
Table of Contents
- The belly strap gun holster comes in different colors namely, beige, white and black. This gives you the opportunity to select a color you think is best for enhanced concealment. I bought a beige holster since I wear light colored shirts and t-shirt, and this helps conceal my weapon. This is also important because a majority of gun holsters come only in black. AlphaHolster comes in beige, which is ideal for giving it a skin like color. I think this is a pretty unique selling point of the product.
- The loops given for magazines are designed to be multifunctional; I have seen my friends keep flashlights and small pockets knives in the magazines loops.
- The price factor of the gun holster is absolutely amazing and perhaps the greatest benefit of this holster. And considering how cost-effective it, you’re getting more out of the product than you could possibly need. I bought three of them!
Features and Specifications
- The AlphaHolster is manufactured with high-grade ventilated elastic, which the company has patented. The elastic perfectly and securely holds the holster with Velcro in the front.
- It is water-resistant, which means, you won’t have to worry about it being damaged due to rain.
- It is designed with two additional holsters and has extra clips
- The product is available in multiple colors
- It is made for both left and right handed shooters
The holster comes in different sizes:
- Small 28″-34″
- Medium 34″-40″
- Large 40″-46″
- X-Large 46″-52″
Alright so now I’ll move onto discussing a couple of drawbacks of the belly holster. The fact of the matter is I was quite disappointed with the actual size of the additional magazine clip holsters. Sure, you can easily store a flashlight and mini pocket knife or a pen in there but you will absolutely struggle when storing a magazine clip inside. I tried to fit a varying range of magazine clips of different calibers and unfortunately failed to find a single magazine that was able to fit in the clip holsters in my AlphaHolster. But because I actually carry two magazines with me, it isn’t a bother – but for people who like to carry more than two magazines, you won’t enjoy this belly holster. It’s just impossible to fit a magazine inside the loop.
The sizing of the product also seemed a bit off. You may require wearing a size up from what you initially thought you would require because this belly holster can be a bit tight, which is to better conceal your handgun. However, in most cases the holster becomes a bit too tight, and that can be really uncomfortable.
I give the AlphaHolster 4 stars because of its convenience and affordability. I mean you can’t expect to have everything in a belly-strap gun holster priced that is priced lower than a majority of top rated gun holsters. And the price, coupled with a bunch of features and advantages is what I loved about the belly holster. Sure, there are some drawbacks to it, but the fact that it is waterproof, comes in different colors and has additional loops where I can store my flashlight is something that I simply cannot overlook. I give credit where credit is due.
Plus, the product is also made with high-quality materials and the Velcro is quite solid, which means I don’t have to ever worry about it coming off because of increased heat or sweat.
The Bottom Line
The AlphaHolster is an impressive belly-strap gun holster, especially in that price range – something I have seen after a long time. Apart from its affordability and how durable it is, the thing I am most happy about is the fact that I am able to perfectly conceal my weapon. I can walk and comfortably play golf wearing the holster without having to be bothered by it all. In all honesty – I would strongly recommend this product.