When you’re camping, or at the beach, there’s not always a shower or a sink handy. Sure, you can dump a bucket of water over your head, but wouldn’t a portable pressurized sprayer be better? You can control the flow and even enjoy heated water.
None of these camping showers require 12v hookups or batteries. They can be filled with hot water ahead of time, or left in the sunshine to heat up like a solar shower.
We’ll start with the very popular RinseKit Portable sprayer. If you want to see how it works, check out this video.
Here are the top 3 portable pressure showers reviews.
Table of Contents
- The top seller in portable pressure showers
- #1 RinseKit Portable Sprayer
- #2 Nemo Helio Pressure Shower
- #3 EasyGo Products – 2016 Model Pressurized Solar Camping & Rinse Shower
- Comparing the pros and cons of these portable pressure showers
- #4 Ivation battery-powered handheld portable shower
- #5 American Recreation Products 50270 5-Gallon Campers Solar Shower
- #6 DEDC Portable Camping Shower Kit
- #7 Advanced Elements 5 Gallon Summer Shower / Solar Shower
- #8 Portable Camping Shower – Simple Shower
- #9 Human Creations ShowerEase Rechargeable Portable Shower
- #10 OOKLEE Portable Outdoor Camping Shower
- FAQs about pressurized portable showers
- Accessories for your portable pressurized camping shower
- See more top camping gear
The top seller in portable pressure showers
- Best Mountain Bike Reviews for 2019
- The Perfect Light Fan Combo for Your Camping Adventures
- Best Shower Tent for Camping (2019 And Reviews)
- ChillaX Accessories Make It Better
The RinseKit is currently number 1 in category of Hygiene and Sanitation under Outdoor Recreation. Let’s take a look at why this portable pressurized emergency shower is a top seller.
#1 RinseKit Portable Sprayer
RinseKit describes their portable shower as “having a garden hose wherever it is needed.” We agree. It’s about the size of a drink cooler so it fits easily in a trunk or in the back of a car. Take it fishing to rinse mud off your waders. Leave it on the beach to wash off sand after swimming. Warm up after kayaking in cold rapids. Use it to clean dishes while camping. Or take a shower in the great outdoors.
#1 How it works
Using the hose, fill up the plastic container with two gallons of water from your sink.
- Put the black lever near the nozzle into the locked position.
- Remove the nozzle and connect the hose to the faucet. Open the black lever.
- Turn on the water–It only takes about 20 to 25 seconds to fill the tank completely. You’ll hear the water stop flowing.
- Close the black lever again. Replace the spray nozzle.
- The Rinsekit retains the pressure from your faucet. You don’t need batteries, electricity, or a manual pump to make it work.
- Open the black lever and choose from seven settings between soaking shower to jet spray to enjoy up to 4 minutes of low pressure or 1.5 minutes of high-pressure water.
- If you fill it with hot water, you’ll have a hot shower later. The tank is insulated and will hold heat for a while.
- It will hold the water pressure (but not the temperature) for up to a month.
We love multi-purpose equipment! The RinseKit has a built-in ruler to measure fish, a folding handle, and a removable lid you can stand for changing. It comes with a 6-foot hose and adjustable nozzle, a hose bib adapter, and a quick connect adapter. It weighs 2 pounds when empty.
#2 There are a few limitations to the RinseKit
The RinseKit must be filled by way of its hose. It is made to fit a garden hose spigot. It will probably need an adapter to fit a faucet in your bathroom or kitchen. It can’t heat water by itself, although you can help warm the water if you put it in the sun. It’s not easy to clean inside the tank, so it’s best to empty it and let it dry thoroughly before storing it.
#3 Lightweight and even more portable pressure tank shower
Nemo created their pressure shower from flexible, lightweight materials so it is very easy to pack and carry.
#2 Nemo Helio Pressure Shower
Nemo’s Helio Pressure Shower won the 2012 Gear of the Year Award from Mens Journal. It holds more water than the RinseKit does so it provides a longer shower. Instead of being pressurized by water from a faucet or gravity-fed, you can pump up the pressure yourself with a foot pump. While you can fill it with hot water, you can also leave it in the sun to absorb heat.
#1 How the Helio Pressure Shower works
- Leave it on the ground or put it in the sink, and fill it with a hose or through a funnel.
- Open the valve on the foot pump and pump the container full of pressure. You can’t overfill it.
- Pump a few more times while showering or washing to maintain water pressure.
- It gives 5 to 7 minutes of water flow.
Instead of a hard plastic container, the HelioTM is made from welded polyurethane-coated polyester. It holds 11 liters, or 2.91 gallons, of water. When full, measures 17 inches by 8.5 inches. It comes with a 7-foot neoprene hose, spray nozzle, and stuff sack.
We like that it compresses down small for packing in our bug-out bag. When it’s empty, it weighs just 22 ounces. Stuff it in the bag, and the whole thing weighs just 25 ounces, and measures 5.5 by 8.5 inches.
#2 Limitations of the Helio pressure shower
It’s a little hard to drain properly to dry out for storage because there is no easy way to hang it upside down. Using it with unfiltered sandy water may clog the nozzle. It has to be pumped in order to have pressure to spray water.
#3 Inexpensive pressurized solar shower
If you’re not sure you’ll need a portable shower, or if you’re on a budget, here is a popular model that costs less than the other two.
#3 EasyGo Products – 2016 Model Pressurized Solar Camping & Rinse Shower
EasyGo Products appears to have copied Nemo’s Helio to create a less expensive portable pressure shower. Their new model released in 2016 requires no electricity to operate. It pressurizes with a foot pump just like the Helio.
This camping shower has a handy feature that Nemo could use on their model. The EasyGo Shower has a built-in temperature gauge so you know in advance if the water is warm enough to use comfortably. We like that it shows degrees in both Fahrenheit and Celsius. It also holds 2.9 gallons. EasyGo says the water sprays for 6 to 8 minutes total.
The EasyGo Shower comes with a 7-foot hose, foot pump, spray nozzle, and carrying bag.
#1 How to use the EasyGo Shower
- Fill with water through the opening in the top, then screw the valve shut.
- Pressurize with a few presses of the foot pump.
- Spray the water by squeezing the nozzle handle.
- You may need to pump a few times during your shower to maintain pressure.
#2 Limitations of the EasyGo shower
Some users have commented that the foot pump is slow to cause a difference in pressure. There is no way to adjust the flow of water from the nozzle other than pumping pressure into the shower. Like the Helio, there is no easy way to hang this shower bag upside down to drain and dry.
Comparing the pros and cons of these portable pressure showers
#4 Ivation battery-powered handheld portable shower
The Ivation Handheld Portable Shower is another battery-operated option for your camping travels. It includes a USB cord that you will use to recharge its battery wherever you please. The Ivation portable shower is compact enough for you to fit into any bag you bring with you on your camping trip.
#1 How to Use the Ivation Portable Shower
- Charge the portable shower until its battery is full so that you will have a full hour of usage.
- Fill a bucket with as much water as you’d like for your shower.
- If you’d like warm water, leave your bucket in the sun for a while before showering.
- Decide where you will shower and use the suction cup to mount your shower head, hang it with the included hook, or simply hold it in your hand.
- Put the shower’s pump into your bucket of water.
- Press the power button, which is on the top of the pump and will face out of the water.
- Enjoy a shower stream for as long as you’d like.
A really great feature of the Ivation Handheld Portable Shower is that it is designed with a built-in filtration system. So while you are showering during your camping trip, you don’t need to worry about whether or not the water is really helping you get clean.
#2 Limitations with the Ivation Portable Shower
The Ivation is a simple portable shower that will be easy for you to take with you when you go camping. Just make sure you think about where you’d like to pack it because it doesn’t come with its own travel bag. If there are many people in your travel group that will use the Ivation for a shower, make sure that everyone abides by a time limit so that the one hour of full charge will suffice.
#3 Most Flexible Transport Available
With is compact size and rechargeable battery, you will find nothing easier to pack than this portable shower for your camping trip.
#5 American Recreation Products 50270 5-Gallon Campers Solar Shower
The American Recreation Products Solar Shower is an affordable option for keeping clean no matter where your camping travels may take you. Rest assured that with the American Recreation Products Solar Shower you will be able to have a warm shower wherever you are.
#1 How this solar shower works
- Fill the bag with as much water as you want, it holds up to 5 gallons.
- Leave the bag lying in the sun with its black side facing up for about an hour, if you’d like to take a warmer shower.
- You can leave the bag lying down or hang it up when you are ready to shower.
- Mount or hold your shower hose and head in the position you’d like for your shower.
- You can adjust the power of the shower stream with the hose depending on your preferences.
- When you’re ready to shower, turn the clamp so that the water begins streaming from the bag to the shower head.
- After you have finished your shower, make sure to tightly close the clamp again if there is water remaining in the bag so that it won’t leak.
#2 Limitations you may find
In order to experience an enjoyable shower, you will need to make sure that this portable shower head is elevated and angled straight down. This may be difficult if you cannot find somewhere to hang the shower head or if you are not especially tall with long arms. If you don’t find the right angle, you will notice that the water pressure is quite weak.
#3 Basic Shower Sollution
If you’re looking for a no-fuss solution to showering throughout your camping travels, then this solar shower is sure to suit your needs.
#6 DEDC Portable Camping Shower Kit
The DEDC Portable Camping Shower Kit is an ideal option if you are camping with your car. The shower’s lighter plug allows you to shower anywhere your car is. A simple and lightweight portable shower that will keep you clean.
#1 How the DEDC Portable Camping Shower Kit works
- Fill a bucket with water and leave it in the sun to warm, if you prefer.
- Decide if you’d like to mount the shower head to your car with its suction cup or if you’d like to hold it in your hand.
- Plug the portable shower into the built-in lighter in your car.
- Put the shower’s pump into your bucket of water.
- Turn on the power switch which is higher up on the hose and will remain out of the bucket of water.
- Use the button on the shower ahead to adjust the stream’s water pressure to your personal preferences.
- You can use your portable shower as long as you have it plugged in to your car.
#2 Limitations of the DEDC Portable Shower
Clearly, the biggest limitation of the DEDC Portable Shower is that you need to plug it into your car in order to use it. While this may suit some situations, it will not work in others. So you need to consider the situations you will find yourself in while you’re camping and decide whether this portable shower could be the one for you.
#3 Keep it in Your Car
The DEDC Portable Shower is a product that you can simply keep in your car at all times for any camping trips you may take. You never know where you may find yourself wanting access to a stream of water.
#7 Advanced Elements 5 Gallon Summer Shower / Solar Shower
The Advanced Elements Solar Shower is a simple yet heavy duty camping shower that will serve you well on your travels. Along with your ability to enjoy a shower, you will be able to hold your products like washcloths, razors, and small soaps on the side of this portable shower for the utmost convenience.
#1 How Advanced Elements Solar Shower Works
- Fill the shower’s bag with water, it holds up to 5 gallons at a time.
- Leave the bag lying in the sun, black and reflective side up, to warm the water before you shower.
- Hang the full bag of water somewhere elevated with it’s sturdy handle for optimal water stream.
- Decide if you would like to hold the shower head or situate it somewhere as if mounted.
- Use the easy clamp to start and stop the stream of water from your filled bag.
- When you are finished showering, make sure to close the clamp tightly to avoid leaking water.
One thing we really like about the Advanced Elements Solar Shower is that there is a visible temperature gauge on the outside of the water bag. This lets you see how warm your water is getting as it is sitting in the sun and allows you more control over the temperature of your camping showers.
#2 Limitations of Advanced Elements’ Solar Shower
Do what you can to elevate both the shower’s water bag and your shower head for the closest thing to a real shower. When they are not elevated, the water pressure will feel very weak.
#3 Convenient and Simple
With Advanced Elements’ Solar Shower you will have a basic camping shower that will keep you clean and give you a place to store your shower supplies throughout your camping trip.
#8 Portable Camping Shower – Simple Shower
Simple Shower provides an attachment that will turn most bottles of water into instant showers. This is the ultimate level of convenience at a basic level. If you are looking for practicality that you can carry and use virtually anywhere at a moment’s notice, then Simple Shower’s portable camping shower may be a great choice for you.
#1 How the Simple Shower Works
- Attach the straw-like tube to the shower head.
- Identify the bottle to which you will attach the Simple Shower.
- If you want warmer water, leave the bottle of water in the sun before using.
- Insert the tube into the bottle of water.
- Secure the shower head to the neck of your chosen bottle, fastening it as you would a normal bottle cap.
- Hold the shower head over the area(s) of your body that you want to wash.
- You control the strength of the water stream by how fast you pour the water at what angle you tilt the bottle.
Storing and carrying the Simple Shower is extremely easy because the pieces can fit into any bag you choose to carry with you while you’re camping.
#2 Limitations of the Simple Shower
Depending on the size of the water bottle you use, you will be experiencing either short or interrupted showers. The water pressure will not be like a real shower, but like tempering the speed and flow of pouring out a bottle of water.
#3 Use it Anywhere and Anytime
There is nothing more convenient than a bottle cap that functions as a shower head. Imagine the possibilities of where and when the Simple Shower can be used.
#9 Human Creations ShowerEase Rechargeable Portable Shower
The Human Creations ShowerEase Portable Shower lives up to its name by providing an easy traveling shower experience. With a simple and lightweight portable shower, all you need is a bucket of water and you will be rinsing off.
#1 How Human Creations ShowerEase Portable Shower Works
- Make sure the rechargeable battery is at its full capacity so that you will have up to 60 minutes of use from your portable shower.
- Fill a bucket with as much water as you plan to shower with.
- Leave the bucket of water in the sun before showering if you’d like a warmer experience.
- Put the shower’s pump into your bucket of water.
- Press the power button on the pump to start the stream of water.
- You can adjust the pressure of the water stream with a button on the shower head.
With a rechargeable battery, you can take this shower with you to use anywhere you please, as long as you have somewhere to use its USB cord to charge it. This brings camping and traveling convenience to a new level.
It’s also really helpful that you can easily remove the shower’s filter for proper and frequent cleaning.
#2 Limitations of this portable shower
This compact and lightweight portable shower will be easy to bring with you on your camping trips, but you won’t be getting the same water pressure as you would from a standard showering experience.
#10 OOKLEE Portable Outdoor Camping Shower
OOKLEE Portable Outdoor Camping Shower provides a convenient and comfortable shower with its battery-operated design. The rechargeable battery will travel well with you to any camping destination along with the rest of the shower, which packs easily into a small carry bag for simple storage. No need to worry about where you’ll recharge your battery as you have many options.
#1 How to Operate the OOKLEE Portable Outdoor Camping Shower
- Fill a bowl or bucket with as much water as you want for your shower.
- Fully immerse the shower pump into the bucket of water.
- Make sure that your power controller remains out of the water, but somewhere you can still reach it.
- When you are ready, power on the shower by pressing the button on the controller.
- Use shower head by holding it in your hand or placing it somewhere to bathe easily.
- When your battery is fully charged, you will have approximately 80 minutes within which you can use your shower as many times as you’d like.
- The hose connected to your shower head is 1.8 meters long so you will have decent flexibility while you bathe.
#2 Limitations you will notice with the OOKLEE Portable Outdoor Camping Shower
While the OOKLEE provides a very convenient option for taking showers while you’re camping, you have to keep in mind that this portable shower will not match up to your home shower. You will notice that the water pressure is softer than that of what you’re used to at home. Also keep in mind that this shower will not heat water for you, so if you want warmer water for your shower, consider letting your bucket sit in the sun before you rinse off.
#3 Functionality You Can Take With You Anywhere
With its rechargeable battery, the OOKLEE is a portable shower that you can use in virtually any spot in your travels that you see fit. And since it’s so lightweight, you won’t mind carrying it along with you as you explore.
FAQs about pressurized portable showers
Q: You keep saying that these portable sprayers are hard to clean. So how do I clean one?FAQs about pressurized portable showers
A: As you fill the tank, mix in a couple drops of mild dishwashing detergent. Swish that around inside the tank, then spray out all the soapy water. Fill the tank again and spray. Repeat until the water is clear, not sudsy. If you have a seriously stinky tank, you can try a mild bleach solution. Just be aware that while RinseKit can probably tolerate bleach, it might damage the other showers’ tanks. It’s best to drain and dry out the tanks instead of letting water stagnate in them.
Q: Can you give me ideas for how to use my new portable shower besides bathing outdoors?
A: Yes, we can. Rinse bugs off your car windshield, wash the dog after he jumps in the creek, spray down the kids after they play in the sandbox, rinse off the fish you just caught, wash dishes while camping, spray down your surfboard, clean out your kayak, scrub down the porta-potty, water the garden where the garden hose doesn’t reach. How’s that for a list of ideas?
Q: Why would I buy a RinseKit versus a Helio or EasyGo Shower?
A: We’ll say that’s really up to you. We like all three pressure sprayer camp showers. But if you really want to know why we might pick the RinseKit over the other two, we’ll tell you. We’re a little lazy. The RinseKit doesn’t need any pumping to have pressure. We also love that we can control the flow out of the nozzle. We just wish it held more water. Of course, we could always get another one for the wife.
Q: Why would I buy a Helio or an EasyGo versus a RinseKit?
A: It all comes down to packability. If you have space for a RinseKit, great. But that weighs two pounds empty and it doesn’t collapse down for storage. The Helio and EasyGo compress into small carrying sacks, and they weigh less empty than the RinseKit does.
Q: Why do I want a pressurized camp shower?
A: If you only camp at KOA Kampgrounds, then you might be too spoiled to know what it’s like to shiver under a “solar shower” drizzle at the end of a sweaty day spent hiking. Sure, you could bathe in the lake or the river if you don’t care about the environment, or if you don’t mind fish flitting between your legs. But there’s no need to go to bed dirty or feel soapy after an unsatisfying “shower” from a gravity-fed bag. Once you feel what it’s like to really wash away the grime with one of these showers, you won’t want to go back to the way things were.
Accessories for your portable pressurized camping shower
#1 Road Shower
This takes good hygiene on the road to a new level!
Mount this portable pressurized shower to your car rack, or vertically to the back of your camper, and it heats up the water as you drive in the sunshine. You can also add heated water to it. A built-in thermometer tells you how hot the water is inside.
It’s easy to fill with a hose or pitcher, and holds up to 5 gallons of water. That means more than one person can shower off at the beach, or you really can wash all those bug splats off your car.
To pressurize it through the air intake (Schrader-type) valve, you’ll need a bike pump, tire pump, or air compressor. A bike air pump needs about 15 pushes to put in enough air. Since the Road Shower’s body is made of aluminum, it can handle up to 20psi. It also has a safety release in case of over-pressurization.
The hose is 55 inches (4.58 feet) long and made of food-grade plastic. It’s possible to replace it with a longer hose if you desire. When the Road Shower is fully pressurized, it can spray water up to 60 feet. The spray nozzle has a convenient feature—it can be set to open without needing someone to squeeze the handle.
#2 FCS Change Mat / Wet Bag
Stand on this to change clothes so you don’t burn your feet or get them dirty. Then stow your wetsuit in this waterproof bag.
The FCS Change Mat Wet Bag is made out of 150D ripstop nylon and 210D polyester for durability. It has a barrel-lock drawstring fastener. When laid out flat, it measures approximately 2 feet in diameter.
#3 leapair Pop Up Shower Tent
Have privacy while you shower. This also doubles as a shelter for your porta-potty.
We liked this privacy tent because it’s fairly spacious. It stands 75 inches, or 6.25 feet tall, and it’s 40 inches wide. It’s also easy to set up because it literally just pops open. There’s no floor so it’s ideal for showering. (There is also no roof.) It comes in three colors, including woodland camouflage.