Why is it that the best shoulder holster gives you a tough look but finding one is as equally difficult? That’s because you don’t have a clue as to what weapon accessory is the best update for your collection. Toughen up and face that daunting task of choosing among the overflowing options you have on the market.
Shoulder holsters are functional gears that help you carry your weapon and conceal it, hassle-free. Now the best way to choose a gun holster basically depends on the type of gun you carry. When it comes to the look and feel, personal preference plays a crucial role. However, there are other factors to consider that could help you narrow down your list:
- Quality of Materials
With these criteria in mind, let’s take a look at our top 3 picks and see if they pass with flying colors:
- Jackass Rig Shoulder Holster
- Gould & Goodrich Shoulder Holster
- Galco Beretta Holster System
Gear up and discover the best shoulder systems that suit your taste and requirement before making an arsenal gear update…
Table of Contents
- 1 PRICE
- 2 QUALITY OF MATERIALS
- 3 DURABILITY
- 4 FEATURES/DESIGNS
- 5 PERFORMANCE
- 6 VERDICT
How much are you willing to shell out for your gun holster? The good news is that you can now find a wide range of shoulder systems that cater to different budget ranges. From affordable to costly items, check out our picks for the best shoulder holster with pocket-friendly perks:
- Jackass Rig Shoulder Holster. The gun shoulder holster that is available at Galco Gunleather is in the middle of our scale when it comes to affordability. This mid-range gear does not disappoint when it comes to quality. With its competitive price tag, the shoulder system for 1911 5” colts is made of the finest materials for performance and durability.
- Gould & Goodrich Shoulder Holster. This more affordable holster is great value for your money. The cheapest in our list, the shoulder system is ideal for your GLOCK weapon series. Even with its reasonably priced value, the shoulder holster is made from genuine tanned leather for both quality and long-lasting use.
- Galco Beretta Holster System. If you want to spend more extra cash on your shoulder holster, this one should be on your list. It is designed for Beretta 92F/FS for concealment and easy to carry features. The shoulder system is an upgrade of the Miami Classic version from Galco Gunleather.
—> Our Pick for Price: Gould & Goodrich Shoulder Holster
QUALITY OF MATERIALS
Shoulder holsters need to match the heavy-duty demands in the military and law enforcement field where the gear is designed for. Even citizens with licensed guns would surely love a gun holster that could help them conceal and carry their weapons, fuss-free. Check out our top picks and choose your match based on the quality of materials used:
- Galco Beretta Holster System. The finest and strongest genuine leather is used to engineer and create this premium steer-hide holster. It also highlights the swiveling Flexalon back plate, a patented feature of the full-grain leather harness.
- Gould & Goodrich Shoulder Holster. The material used for the construction of this shoulder holster is top grain tanned vegetable leather from no less than the best tanners in the industry. The holster is also designed with back swivel features so that the straps remain flat and well concealed. The black non-glare hardware completes the holster design.
- Jackass Rig Shoulder Holster. The tough shoulder system is made from the finest and longest lasting genuine leather. It also includes the patented Flexalon swivel back plate. This feature offers the flexibility of plastic and the durability of metal hardware.
—> Our Pick for Quality of Materials: Jackass Rig Shoulder Holster
One of the most important features of a shoulder system is its ability to last for years, regardless of the extreme conditions you use the gear for. Strong and durable shoulder holsters help you carry your weapon with ease and safety. Is one of our top picks the best choice based on its rank on the durability scale?
- Gould & Goodrich Shoulder Holster. There are no known issues on the strength and durability of this shoulder system. It is a top quality holster made from tanned vegetable genuine leather, thus, it is optimized to work for years.
- Jackass Rig Shoulder Holster. The genuine leather holster is made to last for a longer period of time. On top of the strong and resilient leather, the holster is also designed with the trademarked Flexalon back plate. There are no instances of rusting that is quite inevitable on holsters with metal hardware.
- Galco Beretta Holster System. This combat gear is an improvement of the original Miami Classic shoulder system. Thus, the genuine leather material and Flexalon back plate swivel are made even better. It is premium saddle leather that also includes system screws for better adjustment and quality fit.
—> Our Pick for Durability: Galco Beretta Holster System
Shoulder holsters are not only functional and heavy-duty. A remarkable gear also offers innumerable features and designs that boost the holster’s performance. Take a look at the unique designs and features of the shoulder systems in our list:
- Jackass Rig Shoulder Holster. The horizontal holster is adjustable to create a diagonal carry position. The Flexalon swivel connectors attach the harness while the ammo carrier is a secure and streamlined design. It also highlights the premium Center Cut Steerhide design for outstanding concealment, comfort, and adjustment.
- Galco Beretta Holster System. The key feature of the shoulder system is the spider harness. The harness’ four-point pivots are linked with the unique clover-shaped swivel back plate. It is made from premium saddle leather that also features the system screws and ammo carrier, making it fully modular.
- Gould & Goodrich Shoulder Holster. There are notable designs that made this shoulder holster a remarkable gear to complete your arsenal update. It is fully adjustable with horizontal style harness. The holster also showcases the black non-glare hardware for the harness connection.
—> Our Pick for Features/Designs: Galco Beretta Holster System
All three of our shoulder holsters are designed for optimal performance. The shoulder systems make carrying and concealing your weapon safe, secure, and barely noticeable. Jackass Rig Shoulder Holster received accolades for its fit with 1911 5-inch guns with corrosion-proof properties. The same quality also works with the Galco Beretta Holster System that has the same patented Flexalon back plate. The Gould & Goodrich shoulder holster performs well for GLOCK 17, 19, 22, 23 to 39.
—> Our Pick for Performance: Jackass Rig Shoulder Holster
Given the criteria in our list and the different features of our top 3 picks, we choose Jackass Rig Shoulder Holster as the best shoulder holster. Our selection is due to the mid-range price tag of the shoulder system while it features the innovative and top of the line designs of its high end counterparts. Learn more from today’s shoulder holster reviews. Update your arsenal gears with heated socks, compass watch, and ar 15 cleaning kit.